Government set to scrap job protection for Territorial Army heroes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I've nothing but admiration for our military personnel and the job that they do, but I do find myself getting irritated by the constant description of all military personnel as 'heroes'.

Just a personal gripe. On the subject of the thread, I know nothing, but it does seem that military personnel are getting an increasingly raw deal, and this won't encourage anyone to join the TA.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
If true it just means a reduction in TAVR numbers, the slack be taken up by increased recruitment in to full time service of a steadily growing unemployed youth.

I've nothing but admiration for our military personnel and the job that they do, but I do find myself getting irritated by the constant description of all military personnel as 'heroes'.

Your not the only dude, It's a silly media word used to try an evoke images of soldiers holding babies and teary eyed farewells. hate it.

Last edited:

Helen Back

Jan 1, 2010
Stockport
I'm glad I'm not the only one to dislike the word hero. That's not to say there aren't many well deserving of the title - so do we call them superhero's?

I didn't want to make it a political post - I was just hoping someone had a bit more information on the subject.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE