Good tripod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Comfy

Geared head is the way to go with large format - hard to hold (or get) the camera level with a ball head, and then keep it there while you tighten. Geared gives you micrometer-like control in three directions (worm drives).

I tried geared heads and found them a bit slow to set up as I reposition my tripod a lot, usually on uneven ground. You are right though, they are more accurate, just not my cup of tea :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ive been thinking of a new tripod, mines old and cheap, just had a look at the Berlebach ones as liked the sound of them....need to save up some more though :D Tripods seem to be one of those things, a bit like a lense, expensive for a good one but worth it....but can also be a huge added cost to a camera setup...

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Here I was popping in to see what your pot hanging requirements were :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
A good value tripos that is versatile with a good operating height is the Slik 400DX pro HERE
I now have a Giotto carbon fibre set of legs that I am having some minor problems with due using it on the beach a lot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE