good site

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woods Wanderer

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 26, 2006
lincolnshire
what one earth would you need to survive for just three days (obveously deppends were you are) you could survive by chewing mud and sitting still for three days, not having a dig at the yanks but there websites or survivaists do bring to mind the words panic and paranoid,and overestimate the threat

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
What made you think it was american? I'm pretty sure it is the website of two former admins of BushcraftUK. (who live in wales I think)
ludlowsurvivors said:
Not to bad, but it is Americanized, have a look at www.[COLOR=Red]Deleated[/COLOR] (the forum) and www.[COLOR=Red]Deleated[/COLOR] (the website) very British and from people you will find on BCUK.
Isn't it just a bit rude to promote your own website here in your posts?

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
Woods Wanderer said:
what one earth would you need to survive for just three days (obveously deppends were you are) you could survive by chewing mud and sitting still for three days, not having a dig at the yanks but there websites or survivaists do bring to mind the words panic and paranoid,and overestimate the threat

Oh come on now :) Sure sounded like a dig to me. I've been out in the woods with some of you GB folks too.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Hey, behave yourselves and stop calling our friends 'YANKS' it's derogatory and offends me, and I'm British. Lets be nice and not generalise about people. We have our fair share of 'Rambo's too in this country.

leon-1

Ok folks, can we take things in context. You will notice that there are things like "fire extinguisher" and "tube for syphoning gasoline".

This survival kit is vehicle based so laughing about the vehicle that you require to carry it is pretty pointless as it will be in the vehicle anyway.

It is not paranoia to carry a kit like this, I have travelled in Kuwait and Namibia with kits that are not dissimilair to this.

The year before last travelling upto the Wilderness Gathering Neil1 and I witnessed a car with an engine fire, a fire extinguisher is (or should be) part of your breakdown kit and hat is not even anywhere really hot.

A gallon of water a day per person is not a lot, yes you can get by on a lot less, but there are plenty of studies (yes carried out on athletes) that show that physical performance is greatly reduced as people dehydrate. I have also seen people collapse in the UK due to dehydration.

Remember that not all the liquid that you carry is going to be carried for drinking, some may be for hygiene reasons (food and bodilly).

My doctor was telling me that I should drink 2 litres of water a day at least. 2L = 2 x 1.76 = 3.52 pints, that leaves a further 2.5 litres or so.

In the UK we probably won't need all that kit, but there is nothing to state that this kit is for use specifically in the UK either

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
putting on my moderators hat

Ludlowsurvivors, attacking other peoples websites and whilst shamelessly posting links to your own site in every post you make will not be tolerated on these forums.

This is not the first time you have been warned about this or even the second, if you wish to use this forum you must abide by its rules

May I suggest that familiarise yourself with the BushcraftUK rules and guidelines

Please pay special attention to rule 6

6 Advertising:
Guidelines for Commercial companies, Distributors, craftsmen, retailers, schools and website owners:

Advertising is not permitted on the Bushcraft UK forum, outside the makers market and the commercial sales areas (these areas are governed by their own set of rules and guidelines.)

Overtly commercial language pertaining to products in which you have a vested commercial interest is not acceptable.

Members should not post links to their own commercial ventures, websites or forums.
Links to such websites in signatures are permissible (at the discretion of BCUK admin) as long as this is not abused and a clearly visible reciprocal link to Bushcraft UK is placed on the website to which the link points.

We do like to see genuine resources made available to our members, if you are a new company/website or have a new product/service which you think would be of interest to the membership of Bushcraft UK, please contact the administration via info@bushcraftuk.com who will (at there discretion) make an announcement on your behalf.

Running bare and woods wanderer out of respect for our american members please refrain from refering to them as 'yanks' and as I am certain that you are not ignorant enough to believe that all 295,734,134 Americans can be lumped together under one sterotype based on a tiny minority of TEOTWAWKI survivalist types, could I ask that think your posts though more carefully in future in order to prevent coming across to the reader as such.

to clarify please note that http://www.kingsley-hughes.com/outd...craft/index.asp is in fact a british site and not american at all

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
pierre girard said:
Oh come on now :) Sure sounded like a dig to me. I've been out in the woods with some of you GB folks too.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Bet you skiied home on our stiff upper lips too ;)

There's good and bad in all things, all peoples and all nations :)

All the best,

Bam (the limey bushcrafter :p :) ).

leon-1

Pib thanks for that and on that note I will be deleting posts by you and Ludlowsurvivors very soon.

This thread was not about LS site, it was about a different site totally, a link was placed to inspire comment on that site, I will not allow this thread to be hijacked.

If you wish to continue the discussion please do so in another thread or by PM.

This is nothing personal or against either of you, it is just to get this thread back on track.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE