Good reading

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ocean1975

Jan 10, 2009
rochester, kent
I have just read a book written by Fred Hatfield called north of the sun.
Its about Fred's life as a Alaskan trapper,I couldent put it down great book.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Thats a very definitive statement mate.:)
I've read all the stuff about it being fiction, same as you, but the truth is neither you, nor I have a clue whether it happened or not.

As you say, a good read though.

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Also... has anyone read

the good life:up the Yukon without a paddle

or

Into the wild by guy grieve?

And finally are there any bushcrafty books like this but have elements of fiction and a good storyline rather than just accounts of somebody's year in Canada or life as a trappers etc

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Also... has anyone read

the good life:up the Yukon without a paddle

or

Into the wild by guy grieve?

And finally are there any bushcrafty books like this but have elements of fiction and a good storyline rather than just accounts of somebody's year in Canada or life as a trappers etc

Bump

Has anyone read these?

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Helge Ingstads "The Land of Feast and Famine" ought to be mandatory reading for all, together with Lame Deers "Seeker of Visions".

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
When I was in primary school, I was about 11 years old, and I read 'Brian's return' by Gary Paulsen. This book being on the shelf in the classrooms has been one of the main reasons I started loathing school and love being in the outdoors. I read the other books in the series as well (in Dutch, of course:eek:) and highly recommend them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE