Glen Rosa Campsite Arran

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

featherstick

Forager
May 21, 2008
South East
Did a half-Ironman on Arran once - 90 lengths of the hotel pool, once round the island on the bike, then run from Brodick to Corrie and back. I was a bit out of it...

jonnno

Forager
Mar 19, 2009
Belfast
How far is this site from the path up Goat Fell? We are heading there in the summer hoping to climb the mountain.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
It's a fair traipse if you walk back round the road. Not too bad if you walk down the burn to the castle gate.

Best way though is....
....see the picture in the original link? Walk up the burn and then straight up the far side of that plantation. it flattens off at the top and you're only a quarter mile or so off the path. It gets the first section over with much quicker than the winding FC track from the castle.

[Edit]
Oh toddy Whats pitchstone when its at home?

Some info here.

Last edited:

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
hi stooboy, been to arran a few times and have stayed at rosa once or twice. great site in a lovely spot, very basic, which is fine by me!. go out of season and its fairly isolated, had the place to myself this time of year. not too far from goat fell if you fancy a little hike either. recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE