Ghille kettle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
I bought a Ghille kettle from sandbag47 last month, and I took it away last weekend and used it in anger.
First fire up was Friday night about 10:30pm it started up fine with some birch bark and twiggs and within minutes there was flames shooting from the top and in the dark it looked great, within 5 mins we had enough boiling water for 4 mugs of tea.
Saturday morning, I lit it again for a brew and we all had tea, and breakfast cooked on an open fire, then all the washing up water boiled in the kettle and the same at night and on into Sunday, in all we used the kettle about 12-14 times over the weekend for brews and washing up, it never failed to light even in wind and rain and cost us nothing in fuel costs.
Thanks Sandbag47, a great bit of kit.

sandbag47

Jun 12, 2007
northampton
hi guys,
glad your all happy....used mine first time on new years day..a litre and a half in a few boiling in a few minutes, i was very happy and my kids were running round it like crazy ( must have been the heat it was giving off !) ...wife was a bit upset as i put it straight on the cold wet grass and left a round burn mark from the heat off the bottom of the kettle ..i even took some pic's....i'll put them on here later.
i will have to do another group buy for them in a couple of months !!
sandbag :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE