Gathering enough food to live off the land for a year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Amazing! Brits are allowed to use airguns for hunting and use nightscopes. New fact to me. Not allowed in Finland.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I've just noticed that there was a presentation given at the Bushcraft Symposium there was a presentation given titled 'Living of the Land in the Wilderness of central Europe". It might give added info although I accept Central Europe may not be your target.

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

1 pot hunter

Banned
Oct 24, 2022
Sheffield
I've just noticed that there was a presentation given at the Bushcraft Symposium there was a presentation given titled 'Living of the Land in the Wilderness of central Europe". It might give added info although I accept Central Europe may not be your target.
Interesting they’ve rewilded a huge expanse off European wetland carnt remember exactly now but it’s full off deer boars and konik horses modern ancestors off the wild tarpan horse they beautifull grey horses n they look truly wild.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, thats typical...

"We need to do something about the environment..."

Then.

"Too much wildlife!"

(Has anyone told the Garudian about Soay Sheep yet?)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
They tried that in Holland. Don't think the results worked out well

Yep, you can't do half a rewilding project. There has to be 'top of the food chain' predators and, because they weren't prepared to cull (i.e. man acting as the predator), animals died of starvation and disease.

Other projects have been more successful - one in particular that sells pony meat :)

Reactions: 1 pot hunter

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE