Gas bottle wood stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
While I was browsing the net in search of some info related to gas bottle wood burning stoves I found this.
Looks rather well made, it's small and reasonably prised too.
Not exactly what I want, but gave me a lot of ideas on how I'll build my stove.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
We are thinking of getting one made. Supposedly having the gas bottle on the side is the better option because it allows more area on the bottom for log space.

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
I think the upright position is easier to make.
Takes up less space and if you put it on some sort of legs you get space for logs under.
Since the one on eBay is only 35 cm tall, after adding say 40cm long legs it’s still not too high and you don’t have to worry about protecting the floor with some heat resistant plate.

Now, all I have to do is to find place where I can get hinges like that.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
cool, they are made in the same city as I, so that means no delivery charge!
That stove looks nice but my god is it small when you look at the specs.
Thanks for the heads up all the same, I'm sure I'll get one from him in the future for the allotmont or home garden.

Rumcajs

Forager
Nov 13, 2009
Kielce, PL
www.jbohac.net
Yes it is small but, do you really need bigger.
The one I’m planning on building is based on 15kg bottle. It will be bigger but I need something that will keep me toasted in my shed over the winter.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I've had one of these for about 10 years keeping me warm in my shed. Not the one in the picture but similar. They are the cat's pyjamas:)

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
yeah I've always wondered about welding and metal work, it's always had an appeal to me. I wonder how much the gear costs? I would love to be able to fabricate whatever I needed.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I had a go at a stove, I'd say give it a go. I got the welding gear from ALDI's and the bottle from the tip.

gasbottle12.jpg

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
It was (and is) a stick welder. Not a powerful one, and I am told by people that weld, is only good for small jobs, but does them ok. I found it tricky but interesting to practice welding. I read up what I could, and there were a few youtubes on technique that were interesting. The main thing was safety and protecting the eyes and skin from the arc. But theres nothing like giving it a go. My welds still look like bird droppings, but the bits are holding together and the welds are slightly neater as time goes on...

I can't recall the price but it wasnt a lot ?£50 or less. There was the box, leads, pack of assorted sticks, hand held welding mask, wire brush and chipping hammer, and magnets for holding pieces... IIRC they had gloves and sticks and better masks on sale later in the month..

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I'm sure there was one in the canoeing book "song of the paddle" or another book by Bill Mason, about canoe camping where he had a layout for a bolted/riveted oven...

riggers

Forager
Jan 13, 2009
newmains scotland
no its not that one but thanks didnt see that one its one that still looks like a bottle and had a very cool eye on the door that glowed when the fire wa lite

MattF

Nomad
Dec 16, 2009
Derbyshire
Hi
Have got plans for a gas bottle stove if any body wants a copy
I have not had chance to make one yet so I cant give you a review on it

Matt

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE