Galloway Forest Glen Trool / Loch Dee - Picture Heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
That's a really good idea, thank you, I'll try it. :) I realised I now need more practice taking it down than putting it up! Like you say, everything gets tangled too easily. So you store the ridgeline separate right? Do you use the floor for rolling the tarp up rather than on the line? I usually end up on the floor anyway now. :)

You're welcome, I'm sure I got the idea from someone else on here anyway!

Yes I just have a long hank of ridgeline stored seperately and use that. I also have the guys pre-attached. To begin with I fold the tarp whilst it is still clipped to the line, kind of like opening a curtain but unclipping as I go. Final folding can then be done without getting it wet/muddy on the ground.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Its just seemed a lot! But now you mention it, I don't actually know what 'a lot' is. :) 2.5 litres is heavy.....

What you need it the new light weight dehydrated water. You carry it in it's dehydrated state, and when you need to use it, you use locally sourced water to rehydrate it. Much lighter to carry...

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE