Funds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bohXI

Jul 16, 2012
Kettering
Well, in a bid to get the banks account back in black and get some new gear, I've raided my various shrapnel jars....you know the ones - just sling your loose change into a pot and forget about it - well I had four of them and forgot for around half a decade...

391332_324127057682316_333372262_n.jpg

So I spent the morning counting....

£294.69!!!! :sun:

The account will still be well in the red after paying it in though :confused:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's a great result, we do something similar too

I empty the copper and silver from my pockets into a Quality Street tin every night after work, we usually get around £70 and go out for a nice meal together.

Keeps her sweet and keeps me in the good books

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's a great result, we do something similar too

I empty the copper and silver from my pockets into a Quality Street tin every night after work, we usually get around £70 and go out for a nice meal together.

Keeps her sweet and keeps me in the good books

Not with the restaurant if you pay 70 GBP in coins :p

Same thing here: I put all coins below 50 Eurocent in a big vase. As a kid I trawled through the supermarket, finding nickels, dimes, quarters and guilders. In a year I found on average 50-60 Guilder (40-ish GBP), did it several years - it bought me my first tent :D

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I used to fill a demijohn with change, you can get quite alot in one of those. I've always wanted one of those ludicrously big whisky bottles to put coppers in but haven't got round to sourcing one yet.

Nowadays I have to have containers which cannot be opened without destroying it, otherwise they get raided and when I go to look it's empty :(

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
We call it shrapnel :) (my bother was in the army and he told the boys that's what it was) and it collects. Surprises you when you count it up though :D

cheers,
M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You folk must be rich!
If I emptied my pockets of change I would have nothing to spend!
I rarely see money that you can fold up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE