Fully made knife (shiny!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi guys,
Just finished making this knife after many weeks of sawing, filing, forging, finishing and sharpening. However its now done and I wanted to just see what all you lovely people think.

P5130001Small.jpg

P5130005Small.jpg

thanks,
woodwalker

Reactions: Lithril
Neiltoo said:
Looks very nice, is the steel 3mm or 4mm?

it is 3mm - I don't like the thicker stuff

snock said:
Very nice.
If it were made for me, I'd have had the handle made without the ball end, but it wasn't, you made it for yourself and did a fine job!!

Pete.:)

In actual fact it wasn't made for me or you, it was made for another chap who has smaller hands than mine and we went through all his preferences (wood, scale profile , size,etc).

thanks for all your comments
woodwalker

-Switch- said:
How are the handle scales attached to the tang? I don't see any pins... :confused:

magic........

actually it was araldite but that stuff's so strong it may as well be magical. I don't have a pillar drill and my hand held power drill always has the possiblity of 'walking' on the wood and ruining a pair of yew scales. Perhaps a future investment...

woodwalker

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE