Frosts Mora Destruction Test

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
In this video i push the Frosts mora 740 to it limits, i Batton it through 2/4's and hammer it into an ash tree, only to stand on the knife and bounce up and down, the knife stood up to all these tests, with only a few nicks in the blade from being battoned through a 2/4 with nails..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBl_IeATns

Another video i made last night, about firemaking, in this video i attempt to capture what is so magical about sitting and watching a fire flickering in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMuJBG3i7-E

Hope you enjoy these films, let me know.

ATB
Josh

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Nicely done, I've heard of people standing on moras banged into trees but never seen it. Should give the critics of the Mora hidden tang and half tang a swollen tongue ;)

PS: was that tree dead by any chance?

Air Pirate

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2009
Nashville, TN, USA
Ah the old Mora as a step test. I've heard about it, but never seen it. I have to admit that I winced a little bit as you stepped up onto the handle.

Footnote: This same model Mora is also capable of flaying open a human thumb in a fashion that requires 5 stitches to close. Found that out on Thursday.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
brilliant josh , great sound's as ever , and mora stood up ti the step test... exellent vids.. what was the tunes...

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
In this video i push the Frosts mora 740 to it limits, i Batton it through 2/4's and hammer it into an ash tree, only to stand on the knife and bounce up and down, the knife stood up to all these tests, with only a few nicks in the blade from being battoned through a 2/4 with nails..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIBl_IeATns

Another video i made last night, about firemaking, in this video i attempt to capture what is so magical about sitting and watching a fire flickering in the dark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMuJBG3i7-E

ATB
Josh

Advertising your promotional video in your signature, which includes a section title "and Ultra Violence!" appears to miss the point about bushcraft!

As does shooting apples!

As does your utterly pointless "Destruction Test".

There is a wealth of published and broadcast experiences from respected bushcraft, outdoor and survival instructors concerning the Mora's usage, capabilities and limitations.

The quality of your video content would be improved by leaving the lens cap on and the volume off!

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Advertising your promotional video in your signature, which includes a section title "and Ultra Violence!" appears to miss the point about bushcraft!

As does shooting apples!

There is a wealth of published and broadcast experiences from respected bushcraft, outdoor and survival instructors concerning the Mora's usage, capabilities and limitations.

The quality of your video content would be improved by leaving the lens cap on and the volume off!

my channels not all about bushcraft, i dont expect everyone to like my film making style.
the ultra violence and apple shooting is just a bit of fun, its not to be taken so seriously.
i make these videos for fun and entertainment, im not claiming them to be perfect.
i see no reason why you find it so neccesary to insult me and my film projects.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
my channels not all about bushcraft, i dont expect everyone to like my film making style.
the ultra violence and apple shooting is just a bit of fun, its not to be taken so seriously.
i make these videos for fun and entertainment, im not claiming them to be perfect.
i see no reason why you find it so neccesary to insult me and my film projects.

Kia Ora,

I guess if you 'put yourself out there' and advertise your channel then your inviting coments both positive and negative.

Personally I don't see the relavence of chopping up a melon 'Samurai style' within the context of 'bushcraft' However that's my opinion.

Someone once said "opinion's are like Assh*les everyone's got one and most of them stink".

Bon Chance...

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Kia Ora,

I guess if you 'put yourself out there' and advertise your channel then your inviting coments both positive and negative.

Personally I don't see the relavence of chopping up a melon 'Samurai style' within the context of 'bushcraft' However that's my opinion.

Someone once said "opinion's are like Assh*les everyone's got one and most of them stink".

Bon Chance...

lol, the samurai type thing was just for fun, i made them with a freind over a year ago.
my channel is not pure bushcraft, i like adding other elements in there aswell.

ATB
Josh

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon

As does shooting apples!

Newsflash: not every little thing discussed or referred to on this website is the sort of thing you see Ray Mears doing on telly. The guy provided a link to a video showing a few things he enjoys doing. Apparently berrating people for having a bit of harmless fun isn't one of his hobbies.

Pointless test eh? Perhaps you could tell Mors Kochanski that.

I think the content of your posts could be improved by leaving the vitriol corked.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Personally, I'm shocked at comments made to SF here. Whatever happened to if you haven't got something to say, say nothing at all? His other videos have no bearing on the post he has made, so to even discuss them is off topic and therefore those who dragged it up are out of order. If you don't think the ability for a knife to be driven into a tree like that is a useful way of using a knife, then you obviously know less about living in the wild then you think you do.

Do me a favour, get off your butts and get outdoors and do something, then report back here with pictures and videos. If it is crap, stand by and I'll give you the same hassle you've just given a young man trying to make a video that could benefit others. I cannot believe a Mod hasn't had something to say yet, but then the old and old can insult newer members with impunity around here can't they? Well, I joined earlier then a lot of you so wind your necks in and if you have no positive input go some place else.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Newsflash: not every little thing discussed or referred to on this website is the sort of thing you see Ray Mears doing on telly. The guy provided a link to a video showing a few things he enjoys doing. Apparently berrating people for having a bit of harmless fun isn't one of his hobbies.

Pointless test eh? Perhaps you could tell Mors Kochanski that.

I think the content of your posts could be improved by leaving the vitriol corked.

Nice one Matt, you obviously understand the usefulness of that application of a knife. Shame the armchair 'schrafters don't.

johnboy

Oct 2, 2003
Hamilton NZ
www.facebook.com
Personally, I'm shocked at comments made to SF here. Whatever happened to if you haven't got something to say, say nothing at all?

Spamel,

SF invited comment on his videos

as per this comment in the OP

siberian fury said:

That says to me in an egalitarian and democratic world even on a forum comments both positive and negative are invited..

I'm not 100% sure the 'melon slicing' video is 'off topic' as it forms part of SF's signature hence it's inviting folk to look at it every time a post is made ( actually very good 'viral marketing' )

Still let's not fall out...

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
That says to me in an egalitarian and democratic world even on a forum comments both positive and negative are invited..

yes you are correct, although i would prefer constructive criticisum about perhaps how i could improve the film or "try this method" rather than Rude and Nasty comments such as

"The quality of your video content would be improved by leaving the lens cap on and the volume off!"

i have to say i found this a little rude especialy seeing that ive spend time making a video to help and entertain others.
as for the add in my Sig, many members here advertise there buisnesses or alternative websites in there signatures, i dont see how this is any different

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE