Frosts Fanclub

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
There's alot of negactive "karma" about knives on BCUK so I thought i'd change the tone abit!

If there is one tool that alot of people on here seem to love it's the frost's knives (the clipper in particular), I know I love mine, I was given one on a course and I can remember thinking "Wow, this is actually pretty good!", I was surprised because of how cheap they were, but still so usable!!

O.k so the sheaths can be abit YUK !! And they don't look "natural" because of the plastic handles on some of them, but it doesn't ditract from the fact that they:

hold an edge
don't dreak easily
and are SUPERB value for money!!

so who's with me, WE LOVE YOU FROST'S!!!

post pics of your "modded" frosts, with sheaths or handle changes etc!

no connection obviously!

Enzo

Tenderfoot
Oct 6, 2008
N,Lanarkshire
Here's mine with a bit of bike tubing to grip the knife.
100_0154.jpg

100_0155.jpg

100_0156.jpg

No cash or talent for new sheath but it does for me.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
iv just bought one on ebay 5 mins ago, and i cant wait to get it, iv had great feed back from people on this forum today, and il keep you all posted on what i think of it when i receive it,

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Yeah! Let's hear it for the Frosts!
Whoah, yeah!
I have one as well. I drilled slots into the side of the handle and inlaid some leather to give it some grip and New Age appeal.
I also made a leather sheath.
I have a couple of other knives but the Frosts gets used WAY more than any other - perfect size, dead sharp - ideal!

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
Here is my clipper with a home made sheath, it was the first bit of leather work I'd undertaken and does hold the knife securely.
sheath.jpg

This is another frosts, little bladed carver, came with a plastic sheath but was replaced by this one I made for it.
sloyd1.jpg

Frosts knives represent outstanding value for money.:D

freespin

Tenderfoot
Dec 5, 2008
Washington
Count me in this fan club!!

Of my 3 knives my mora clipper gets the most use and abuse. Totally standard, not a fault as a tool.
F

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
Yup - top marks for Mora - I bought two, one for me and one for my wife. I've had a lot of use from mine - made spoons for everyone, used it for cooking, splitting wood and am in the process of making a sheath for it. Thinking of getting a third for my daughter too. Nothing to look at but almost unheard of value for money. I wish I could wear mine on my belt all the time.

Good thread - maybe extend it to 'here's a pic of me going about my day with my Mora' thread.

Magentus

Wilderbeast

Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Yup - top marks for Mora - I bought two, one for me and one for my wife. I've had a lot of use from mine - made spoons for everyone, used it for cooking, splitting wood and am in the process of making a sheath for it. Thinking of getting a third for my daughter too. Nothing to look at but almost unheard of value for money. I wish I could wear mine on my belt all the time.

Good thread - maybe extend it to 'here's a pic of me going about my day with my Mora' thread.

Magentus

'tis true that sometimes i feel alittle lonely when i'm not wearing it!! The amount of times i'll be doing something and I need a cutting tool so I reach down to my side........only to find it's not there!!!!

rancid badger

Top marks for Mora knives, the sheaths are desperate in most cases, verging on dangerous for the clipper but for the money they're really good.We use the green training knife for our students here at Chopwell, no problems at all.
cheers
R.B.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I have never bothered modding the knives, (well except for squaring the spine on the grinder so they throw sparks better with a ferro rod).
But i have made plenty of sheaths for them and i use them every day, brilliant knives, they really are all you would ever need.
This is the latest one i bought, haven't the sheath finished but it's kydex that will be mounted onto my fishing tackle seat box along side a #549 fillet knife.
DSC00732.jpg

#840 with kydex and leather, i usually just use it with the leather now and use a #860 with kydex
DSC00637.jpg

DSC00091-1.jpg

#711 with the soft grip is one i use if I'm doing a lot of carving as the soft grip prevents blisters
432_3286_1.jpg

And this is what's inside :)
430_3008_1.jpg

455_5600_1.jpg

453_5350_1.jpg

DSC00097.jpg

I still manage to break an odd one in work every so often but often they are abused rather than used :eek:
DSC00050.jpg

This wee #545 is often over looked, it's a really handy wee tool.
DSC01139.jpg

And my new favourite #2000 with the crazy half scandi / half full flat grind
DSC01141.jpg

I have a stack of the wooden ones as well and more plastic ones, dunno how many in total - i stash them everywhere :D

rg598

Native
I love Mora knives, but I don't understand why they refuse to make a full tang design. I know some people don't care, but I don't see why the option is not given. Even if it doubles the price, it will still be the cheapest knife out there. In the past I've split the handle of a 840 while battoning. It is part of the reason why I don't carry one as my primary knife.

Does anyone know why there are no full tang models? Or if there are, which ones?

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
There's alot of negactive "karma" about knives on BCUK
Negative karma about knives :eek: on BCUK:yikes: :yikes: there is not!! we love them, we do, honest! I love them.. I make them, very nice ones too :D and many others make them too...and I like mora too! Sooooo, no bad karma from me!:D

rg598

Native
The advantage of a full tang is that it is MUCH, MUCH stronger. When a tang is hidden and does not go the full length of the handle, the pressure inside the handle is not uniform, and it tends to split when serious pressure is applied. A full legth hidden tang is better-it will bend more easily than a full tang, but will not split the handle. With a 840 for example, if you are putting pressure on the blade, and at the same time your hand is putting pressure on the back of the handle (exactly what happens when battoning), the blade inside the handle is acting like a lever, splitting it apart.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE