From a Health and Safety point of view.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I'm no jobsworth Rik, I take risks at work and at home I shouldn't sometimes to get a job done. There are certain things I wouldn't do though. It's only a drill in the video, it's really not that dangerous. I'm more on about full sized lathes, they're far from forgiving at speed with all that torque behind them. Things can go wrong real quick.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm no jobsworth Rik, I take risks at work and at home I shouldn't sometimes to get a job done. There are certain things I wouldn't do though. It's only a drill in the video, it's really not that dangerous. I'm more on about full sized lathes, they're far from forgiving at speed with all that torque behind them. Things can go wrong real quick.

I do to a degree understand what a couple of folk here have said (and I'd guess more will contribute) but have any asked the chap involved what safety measures he takes? Does his neck band snap open when pulled as it does in many occupations?

Time for a bath for me.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Meh, i've explained where i'm coming from. I've yet to see a quick release hoodie. In my occupation that would spell death in less than 20 seconds before his head shattered on the platform. I'm talking full sized lathes though, not hand drills. Big difference there...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE