Free "Woodcraft and camping" by George Washington Sears "Nessmuk"

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
A few weeks ago i decided The house was looking like an annex of the British Library, so I got myself a Kindle. While looking through the outdoors books to download, I came across "Woodcraft and camping" by Nessmuk for free. I remember reading some extracts on the forum a couple of years back but could never find the book. It is very funny, informative and just as
interesting now, as when it was written in the1880's. Unfortunatly it has no drawings in the free edition but it is a great read and well worth getting if you have a Kindle.
Colin.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
If you have a Kindle,(I love mine.) there are loads of these books available for free, also you dont just have to download from amazon. Kepharts book would be great but I thinh people like Mors Kochansky may be too recent. Thanks for the replies guys.
Colin

Feb 2, 2012
iandstanley
You will find the amazon bulk translations are normally done from the text only versions :(

If you want pictures then you will normally have to source elsewhere (e.g. openlibrary.org/archive.org) If you get a PDF version (in text with pictures format rather than scanned pages) then you can email it as an attachment to your associated kindle email address with a subject line "convert" to convert it directly to kindle format which often reads easier than a pdf.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
The link seems to be to an abridged edition. For example, the section describing an Indian camp has several missing bits such making a "lunch" from pork and slices of bread.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE