Forest Falconry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm bumping this thread out of a personal interest. Selfish I know!! :p Has anyone got around to taking some pictures and feel up to writing some good interesting paragraphs on falconry?

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
One of the lads at work is getting a Swedish Goshawk this week and getting rid of his other birds (he says it makes his Harris Hawk and other birds seem like a butterfly in comparison).

I was talking to him this morning and he was saying that unlike his Harris Hawk he actually wants the Swedish Goshawk to "imprint" with him.
That way it kind of sees him as its partner? and stays with him.
Aparently if you do that with a Harris Hawk they squawk too much.

{edit, he just went to see one this week but won't be getting one for a month or two}

faff

Tenderfoot
Nov 10, 2006
south wales
A goshawk will be my next bird. But there are pros and cons to imprinting them. they can be flown at a higher weight. they will not get lost AS EASY which means they still will. its hard work to imprint birds because they need to be with you 24/7 meaning a lot of mute in the house and a very upset other half also some aggression to you at 40 weeks. imprints are harder to enter then a parent reared bird aswell.so for a first gos I would say a parent reared finish male 12 weeks old. I also wouldn't go as far as to say they make a harris look like a butterfly if so it is not a very well conditioned harrishawk.but they are a lot more aggressive and take a wider variety of game which is why they are also known as the cooks hawk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE