flu remedies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 25, 2006
Canada
www.freewebs.com
Wormwood is really good at getting rid of intestial parasites, they have found a compound in an asian wormwood that can kill the malaria parasite in vivo [the body]. I mix one teaspoon full with honey to make a ball. It tastes truly nasty, some first nation tribes use canadian wormwood as a treatment for amoebic dysentry. the whole genus has global use for killing unwanted visitors to the human body, but like a lot herbs that work it has side effects and a taste to warn us. Mother nature has some great ways of keeping us healthy :yuck:

That she does.

Ever drank White Mountain Sage tea?

Funny thing is.. North American "sage", isn't sage... it's Sagebrush.. under the genus Artemisia.. just like wormwood..

Same bitter taste, no hallucinogenic side effects, and only half the calories :lmao:

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Sorry if this comes across poorly, but if you're sat at your computer then you don't have flu. A Dr once told me the £50 note test should be used to determine whether you have flu or a cold. Essentially, if you feel capable of getting up and collecting a £50 note from your doorstep then you have a cold.

For cold remedies though - my favourite's are honey, lemon juice and whiskey or vodka with ground black pepper downed in one!

HTH

Al

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sorry to downplay your suffering but if you are feeling better already that was a buggit not a flu.

I've had real flu, four months before I felt well again, I know why it's a killer.

Meadowsweet and feverfew, maybe add some yarrow and take in a robb. That'd ease everything and help with the aches. If you can find someone to do a whole body massage
before you get a sleep that'd help too.

Hope you really do feel a lot better soon,
cheers,
Toddy

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
Honey, lemon and hot water. Doc said that this is the best remedy for coughs and colds, as all modern cough medicines (apart from the expectorant ones) are basically useless - just sugar and flavoring.

Dano

Forager
Nov 24, 2005
UK
Sorry if this comes across poorly, but if you're sat at your computer then you don't have flu. A Dr once told me the £50 note test should be used to determine whether you have flu or a cold. Essentially, if you feel capable of getting up and collecting a £50 note from your doorstep then you have a cold.

For cold remedies though - my favourite's are honey, lemon juice and whiskey or vodka with ground black pepper downed in one!

HTH

Al

I’m not really fussed what its called but the Doc stated that my Daughter had the flu, in fact he said that he had seen sick children and old people lately but not seen anyone that looked as ill as her, fortunately she bounced back quickly as kids do but I came down with exactly the same symptoms after nursing her for a few days, I have had both colds and flu’s in my time, I had a flu 20 years ago that knocked me unconscious for over 72 hrs, this was no cold

Colds generally come on slow and lead to runny nose, sneezing and general congestion, I had non of these this came on suddenly and had a fever with muscle aches and chills, just because you don’t die doesn’t mean it’s a cold, anyway neither are pleasant and I’m over it now,
the important thing to recognise it that if you are old or frail or looking after children and are treating for a cold things can turn bad really quickly if you get it wrong

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland

Hahaha! I had the flu at the end of August, spent 5 days in a delirious haze unable to do anything, but I'd have dragged myself to the front door for a £50 note :lmao:

Glad to hear you're better Dano, which is after all the most important thing.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sounds like you have a viral infection of some sort, maybe mild 'flu' so just eat comfort food and take plenty of fluids; curl up on the sofa and watch feel good films Take the herbal stuff if you like it, won't cure it, but it may lift your spirits.

As a famous Rabbi said "Chicken soup won't cure it, but it tastes good"

Whatever you have, whisky, taken oraly frequently, may or may not be succesful in curing what ails you but after a short while you won't really care.

I remember having flu as a kid and I couldn't move out of bed, I remember my mum being really worried about it, she didn't say it of course but I could tell.

The 50 quid note test isn't relevant, as I am Welsh and would have to be dead before I couldn't pick one up from the front door!. Remember, copper wire was made by a Welshman and a Scot fighting over a penny.

Hope you feel better soon

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Dano, I'm glad to hear that you and your family are better.

If your Doc says you've had flu then I'm not going to argue.

I thought about telling of my own flu experiences and that of SWMBO. Also how friends within the medical profession complain of people with colds demanding flu remedies to help explain why I might come across as being a bit less tolerant of man-flu types. However, I don't see it as being constructive here.

So, again, good to hear you're better.

ATB

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE