fixed blade. what you using

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
My faithful, practical Bison Bushcrafter

Im happy with just the one knife, although I went through quite a few, finding it. [I didnt get along with the Alan Wood Woodlore.]
In the end I opted for the Paul Baker Bushman TZ, but If I had to change it, I think I'd choose the same as your one. :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
As my work is taking me to some great wet and wild places and out into the field much more than ever. I have retired my 01 version with stag slabs and Mr Mitchell has made me a new full flat version for 2012 in RWL and stabilised giraffe bone. That should do me in African savannah, UK seashores, wetland and woodlands without as much maintainance.

02Jan201230.jpg

02Jan201216.jpg

02Jan20128.jpg

02Jan201217.jpg

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
As my work is taking me to some great wet and wild places and out into the field much more than ever. I have retired my 01 version with stag slabs and Mr Mitchell has made me a new full flat version for 2012 in RWL and stabilised giraffe bone. That should do me in African savannah, UK seashores, wetland and woodlands without as much maintainance.

02Jan201230.jpg

02Jan201216.jpg

02Jan20128.jpg

02Jan201217.jpg

Ohhh I like that , you have some nice bone there :)

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Im using a fallkniven F1 for normal stuff and a nice heavy savage bushcraft blade for heavier work but have just asked Duncan at Dorset woodland blades (FGYT on here) to make me a dorset woodland clone so thinking that may be my main user in the future.

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
I have a bunch of knives to choose from.
Fallkniven F1. My former favourite knife that has been with me some years now.
Fallkniven S1. My current favourite, in combination with a WM1.
Fallkniven WM1. My "clean" knife when outdoors with the S1.
Fallkniven U2. This one hangs on my keyring.

To complement the knives I sometimes bring a Gransfors hatchet, Laplander folding saw or a regular size bow saw

dazcon

Nomad
Jan 8, 2010
clydebank
I use most of my knives, just depends what takes my fancy at the time or the nature of the trip.
060211201506.jpg

This has been my main user more than any other, but that could soon change as i have 9 more on the go.

031511205641.jpg

120111145422.jpg

Darren.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
This is my go to knife. I made it a while back from a ball bearing casing. Not certain what the steel is but it is likely to be 52100 I think.
At the time I HATED the blade. I couldn't get the grinds at all even. And I very nearly threw it away/ gave it away on more than on occasion.
But I finished it off and put a handle on it in my flat in Glasgow using a pruning saw to cut away excess material whilst holding it with my feet.

Handle is made from Antler, unknown burl courtesy of Toddy, pewter, buffalo horn and plum wood.

It holds a seriously wicked edge and is a real slicer. Gets used for almost everything these days.

dscn2657y.jpg

It went through quite a draw out build. I like my last post having just re-read it.
I can see it becoming a well used blade when I'm back in Dorset - just need to have a crack at a scandi sheath.
- definitely has. And I even managed to get a scandi style sheath done too. Though you can't see pictures of that because it is pretty rough.

All the best
Andy

Last edited:

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Until recently, a BG Bushcrafter which i did the Woodlore Fundamentals with. Superb knife, takes and holds an edge well and is a joy to use. It's now fitted to my bushy belt kit, in a Black Sheep sheath, so will still get a lot of use even though I've just bought an Alan Wood "Tamarack":D, yet to be used in "anger",bit throws sparks from a ferro rod well and I've prepped a few feathersticks with it to date.

BG Bushcrafter...
SDC14377.jpg

Simon

This is a really nice knife.

Rizouk

Jan 8, 2012
Cirencester
Im using just cheapo Morakniv clipper. Didnt arrive very sharp but i soon sorted that out on a selection of wet stones.

Proof is in the bald patch on my forearm :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE