Fishing in Sweden&Norway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Hi everybody!

It's been a long while since I've been here. But, all of your combined knowledge is badly needed once again!

I'm planning a trip this summer in Sweden and Norway. Me and another guy will walk from Östersund (Sweden) to Trondheim (Norway). We will take some food, but we thought it would be fun to catch some fish to add to our diet. Here is where the most needed advice comes in:

I would like to know for what exactly we need fishing permits or fishing cards. We will be making use of lakes to catch small fish along the trail. I've tried looking it up on google , but any first hand advice would be welcome.

Second: If someone has tips on routes or where fishing spots are, or between wich heights it is best to fish, or between wich hours.. As I said, any advice is most welcome.

Lastly: any general tips about the trip are welcome.

Thanks! :)

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
In Norway sea fishing is free for all.
Fishing in fresh water is divided into government land (statsgrunn) and private land.
The "statskort" fishing licence covers the government land. This license could be purchased at Inatur.no or statskog.no.
Fishing permits and rules on private land must be cheched and purchased locally.Children under 16 years fish for free also in fresh water even though some land owners think otherwise.
Maps over government land could possibly be found at statskog.no

Tor

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE