First pair of boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 22, 2012
Denmark
I am going on my first longer trip in Sarek Sweden in a few months and need a good pair of boots. My main problem is that I live in a area where I can't try a lot, if any decent boots, without driving a few hundre kilometers. So I wan't to be pretty sure what to look after when I take the drive.

I don't mind spending up to £330, as I will be using them on a daily or weekly basis at home too.

Boots are not my strong side, if I have to be honest I don't know squat about boots, and have been using my old military boots from basic training (Danish) since I got them, and they are not great!

Lundhags caught my eye and look very nice, but I get the impression one is more or less forced to use the two pair of sock system to get the full potential out of them. And I'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle with two pair of socks every other day.

I'm very active and dont want a boot that is super stiff. I'm not sure about high vs. mid, but one thing is for sure, they have to be waterproof like there is no tomorrow.

And I know footwear is a lot about personal preference, but I hope you can give me a rough idea about what to look for, and maby even narrow it down to a few pair of boots.

Suffolksteve

Forager
May 24, 2010
Suffolk
Hi and welcome to the forum,

I would suggest popping over to the introductions section to introduce yourself.

But to answer your question (as it is something I have been looking into) the only way you will get the right boots is to try them on. You won't necessarily need to spend your entire budget and you would be best off to invest some if it in the fuel and time to go somewhere you can try boots on. The fit of boots is very individual, narrow, normal or wide feet, how boney your feet are, how much support you want, the lining you need, specific soles and the exact size and lacing technique are all things you can't be told about online or in an advert. An expert in a good shop is the only person who can give you the advice by actually seeing your feet and having you try lots of pairs on.

Sorry it isn't the answer you probably wanted, its just there are too many variable, each of which can have a big impact on which ones you should get to say, you should get this pair.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE