First Aid Kit for Peru/Bolivia Extended Trip

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocDC

You need to break it down:
1.. Primary care - coughs, colds, rashes, diarrhoea etc
2.. Trauma care - Bleeding, fractures, burns etc
3.. Wound management
4.. Hygiene including dental
5.. Prevention - Malaria, tropical illness etc.

Dont take Quick Clot take Combat Gauze because its easier to use, less wasteful, works in the cold and and and...... PM me for a ton of good justification.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Thanks Tom! Plenty of immodium it is! ;)

I plan on taking life systems chlorine tablets for water purification, but I will try and stock up on proper bottled water when I'm there.

Don't take the immodium unless you really have to, if your in a static camp and can keep hydrated let your system flush for 72 hours.

Hicup

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 25, 2007
London
I know this story may sound strange, but when I was traveling in Perú last year two of our party suffered from the opposite of Montezumas revenge, constipation.

Although not a life threating condition but very can be very uncomfortable when your traveling all the time, I think had a lot to do with the very long bus journeys, change in diet and borderline dehydration at times, I know they where very greatful that I had thrown a packet of senokot in to me FSK.

The only other thing I would add is take lots of hand sanitizer, have a great trip.

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
the one thing I was glad I had when I went to Peru was ibuprofen/paracetamol for headaches from altitude sickness! you can get tablets from your doc to prevent that, though I can't remember what they were called!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE