finally used this blank

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rustix

Jan 26, 2013
northumberland
i was going to post a picture of a knife blank that I've had for 4 years and finally decided to nip into the shed and do something with it about an hour went by and this is the result ! :confused:... trying to put a picture on here is more complicated neuro surgery!...will attempt later on tonight!,....not sure but think this might link you to my facebook page?....https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=332804316837065&l=2016f800d4

Last edited:

rustix

Jan 26, 2013
northumberland
personally for me it performs better than the woodlore clone handles,less chance of slipping when damp!,thanks for all the comments,appreciate it!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
205713_332804316837065_1082476322_n.jpg

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
Very nice looking knife and tailor-made for your own hand by you.It doesn't get any more personal than that.
I love copper on Scandi knives too : I have a beautiful one by Alf Branch (brancho) with copper and olivewood together
which is totally sublime.I find myself using it alot.
What is the spacer made from? Hard to tell if it's stacked leather or something more exotic like buffalo.
Good job.You will use it loads I'm sure.
Simon

rustix

Jan 26, 2013
northumberland
thank you Robbi,you obviously more technically advanced than me!......and to plastic ninja the handle is spalted beech from my garden,and the spacer is a piece of stabilised dyed blue wood that I found at a car boot sale for 10p! and two pieces of black spacer either side of the wood and all riveted together, and coated with lashings of araldite!

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
i was going to post a picture of a knife blank that I've had for 4 years and finally decided to nip into the shed and do something with it about an hour went by and this is the result ! :confused:... trying to put a picture on here is more complicated neuro surgery!...will attempt later on tonight!,....not sure but think this might link you to my facebook page?....https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=332804316837065&l=2016f800d4

It's really easy once you know how, incredibly difficult otherwise!

Steve

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Thankfully someone put up the photo as a non member of facebook I wasnt going there. Photobucket or Flickr are good.

You have done a nice job well done.

I would normally only finish a knife with oil and wax but let us know how expoxy finish goes.

rustix

Jan 26, 2013
northumberland
thank you Brancho,what I meant was that it was all glued together with epoxy,the tang goes right through and riveted into the copper but piece,the handle was finished with CCL polish :confused:....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE