Finally one for me

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TurboGirl

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Really interested in the idea of a larger area etch and British Blades is down atm... So I have loads of questions!

Q-Does anyone have a linky for large area etches?

Q-Seriously now, Sasquatch, a CAR battery?! Last time I (accidentally) shorted one of those, I melted a spanner so I don't think a cotton wool bud is gonna be man enough for the job :) I presume its important that its a natural ie non melty fibre?

Q- I'm presuming be REAL careful theres no way it can find an earth so a good pair of rubber wellies, good ventilation... first aider on call.... any other safety bases to cover?

Q- Does the salt water have to be at its strongest solution ie any more granules just sit at the bottom?

Q- Does the strength of solution and current affect the depth of the etch as well as the time spent on one area?

Q-I presume if I'm practicing it should be on a similar weight of steel to get a good comparison or doesn't this matter?

Apologies for the loads of questions but I want to stack odds in my favour. If you're giggling at me for taking the car battery idea seriously then you're a baaaaaad man!!
:stretcher:

Just editing on a web link for some sites ref etching... this one has a good simple wiring diagram for a DIY etcher with potentiometer

And this one is from british blades, covers stainless etching and various resist methods \9sticky back plastic included ;)

To avoid threadjacking, I've started a thread here ref large scale etching :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE