Films

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rarky B

Aug 19, 2010
dartford
Hi everyone, thought I'd just mention that I saw Tommy Lee Jones in "The Hunted" at the weekend and it was alright! Just checked and there's a few sellers on Amazon that are doing it for 1p, so you can't really go wrong. For anyone who's not seen it, it's like a less gung ho "First Blood" with an off the rails veteran turned serial killer being tracked by his ex instructor. There's some Tracking and other Bushcraft scenes in the film and well if the TV's crap (and you are not away of course) you could do alot worse. Just an idea, don't shoot the messenger if you don't like it.

Talking of films, does anyone else have any recommendations, as I am getting really sick of the wife's TV (X Factor, Big Brother, something or other on ice, blah blah blah). She's forcing me to get out more... Hey that sounds good... "Darling I'm going away for the week end so you can have the remote and watch what ever you like. By the way have you lost weight?" ;-)

Proudfoot

Jun 28, 2007
Under the stars. . .
A favourite of mine is Apocalypto, but be warned, this is not a film for the squeamish or faint-hearted. There is some bushcrafty scenes in there and a the chase scene is something to behold. A truly wonderful film directed by Mel Gibson.

Can also highly recommend Snow Walker, Derzu Uzala, The Clan of the Cave Bear, Far North, 10000 BC. All beautiful films shot in the outdoors with some bushcraft elements within.

These are just some of the films available out there but as Shewie says there are a couple of other threads with more films to choose from.

Enjoy :)

Vic

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I have heard that Christian Bale is to play the role of Hugh Glass in a film called 'The Revenant'.
Can't wait to see that when it comes out, it's got to be THE best survival story ever.

bigstoney

Oct 31, 2008
Ilminster
Nearly, sort of bushcrafty, but not quite - Seraphim Falls, watched it loads recently, makes me want to go and buy a flippin' great bowie!

Dave.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Valhalla Rising.

Enjoyed both. VERY different. Valhalla Rising is bleak. In a good way!

Yep... its deffo 'different' but well worth a watch. one of those films that ends and you kinda think, oh... right :)

Into the wild is a very good watch of the trials and tribulations of someone that just decided to give it all up and discover themselves.

i wont say too much, but i really enjoyed his story and its one i will always remeber.

TBL.

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Just off thread a sec(promise) has any one seen Green zone? thinking of watching it tonight, but not sure.

Watched it the other day , OK film , solid perfomances and reasonable action sequences. Watching it with hindsight it either fairly cynical or fairly accurate. Or Both.

iboga

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2010
England
You should really check out VALHALLA RISING. It's a work of mad genius!!

valhalla-rising-1.jpg

bigstoney

Oct 31, 2008
Ilminster
Another film I don't seem to get bored watching repeatedly is 'Mongol - The rise to power of Genghis Khan', recommend it if you can cope with subtitles!

Dave.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE