Ebay.......I've had enough!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi jma....thanks for your input m8,

regards

s

I pay more attention to the positive feedback myself.

I had a similar issue with eBay in that I paid cash on collection for an item. The seller then opened an unpaid item dispute which reflected badly on me! I informed eBay that the seller was dodgy and was just getting out of paying the fees. I prefer Amazon!

Herbalist1

Settler
Jun 24, 2011
North Yorks
Hi Sonny,

Feel for you and I get it. It's not that you've been left undeserved negative feedback, even though that is hurtful - compared to all the positive, that will show up for what it is! It's the way ebay deals with these occurrences that really grates. Also had some issues with ebay over the years - both buying and selling - and found them to be a pain in the a*** to deal with.

What I would say though, is don't cut ya nose off to spite ya face, if you're familiar with the adage. If you get good sales through ebay it may well be worth taking a prosaic view. Most buyers/sellers are decent enough and I'm sure all your customers who have bought from you and left positive feedback have appreciated both the quality of your products and your service.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
What I would say though, is don't cut ya nose off to spite ya face, if you're familiar with the adage. If you get good sales through ebay it may well be worth taking a prosaic view. Most buyers/sellers are decent enough and I'm sure all your customers who have bought from you and left positive feedback have appreciated both the quality of your products and your service.

My sentiments as well Soni, and remember that, although you will have the neg feedback on there, the + feedback percentage shown is over a 12 month period, this time next year, barring any other whatknot's, you will be back to 100%.

Most eBay users can see through 1 neg feedback and a lot of people don't even bother to check. Have you left a reply comment to the whatknot's feedback?

Maybe worth opening another separate account for buying only?

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm sorry you've had excrement like this to deal with, but glad you've reached the calm stage now.

Lot of fair comments on the thread too. I know I look at the feedback, especially if it's one or two agin thousands of good ones…..and I do look at the comments, and make a judgement call. Everyone does one way or t'other.
One -ve against an utterly glowing list of +'s…..and you are allowed a response to a negative. Find something clear, unrefutable, and leave that as a counterpoint. That's what anybody who looks at the -egative will see. Your response to someone who stands out as a lone voice of dissent.

I like ebay, over the years we have bought thousands of things, 100% positive feedback….. and I've never sold a thing……I think in all the years I have left at most three negatives and have had to have paypal refund my payments half a dozen times. Only one really bad deal, and ebay/paypal sorted that out pdq for me.
The bad one was a 'New', boxed, with guarantee intact, not 'as new' let alone used and filthy, electric razor. The seller was downright unpleasantly rude and nasty about it too. I contacted ebay, and I had a refund within a few hours. I still have the blasted razor though 'cos the seller refuses to pay any return postage and having been fooled once by them I'm not for having it done again. It's been nearly three months since that, and I haven't a clue what to do with the damned thing apart from putting it into the bin.

As I said, I like ebay, but they don't tie up the ends tidily for everyone. I'm pretty sure they're busy, and that the folks who work the dispute centre stuff are jumping trying to keep up with folks asking for help, but with fees as high as they are for sellers, and more for those who accept paypal, surely they can afford a few more to help the Seller as well as the Buyer ? Especially good sellers with amazingly good feedback.

They do have a dispute resolution service. When you have things all clear in your mind, write it out and send that to them. They will remove an unfair negative if the balance is in your favour.

Best of luck with it; don't let one bad one wreck an otherwise exceptionally good trader :)

atb,
M

Hibrion

Maker
Jan 11, 2012
Ireland
It sucks, but I wouldn't worry. I think most ebayers know these types and ignore their negative comments. It will be plain to see that there is one negative out of so many positives. No matter how good you are someone will always try to bring you down.

Leave a return comment stating you've made the refund etc. despite the patch being as advertised.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi herb, thanks for those words....

yup i'll still be using ebay but i'll be changing the way i use it....and i'm going to be active in making ebay do as much for me as possible too...if they want to bandy words and if others can escape justice through clever wording and practice then thats what i'll do too. i've already started changing some of the listings which will be in effect tonight and i'll be working on my website later too.

you know what its like....''the better the devil you know''.....well enoughs enough....i'm sick of the fees, constant requirements (you must do this or we'll do you....you must change this or we'll do you....you must be able to pull feathers out your *** or we'll do you''.....i've got my own high standards and rules which are there because of who iam and i'm sick of ebay jumping on my bandwagon and telling me how its gonna be year in year out for decades.
aaaargh i'm getting raw again....lol.....as bilmo said....tizzy, haha! deep breath time...

s

Hi Sonny,

Feel for you and I get it. It's not that you've been left undeserved negative feedback, even though that is hurtful - compared to all the positive, that will show up for what it is! It's the way ebay deals with these occurrences that really grates. Also had some issues with ebay over the years - both buying and selling - and found them to be a pain in the a*** to deal with.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
taken on board thankyou dog....and yup a separate account would make sense i guess....strange the things you have to do though just so you can get through life avoiding scum. blows my mind.

and i'm glad you asked the last question.....youre not going to believe it but when i click on:

Reply to Feedback received

i get this:

[h=2]Feedback Error[/h]Sorry, you have no feedback.You cannot respond to feedback you don't have.

it just gets better and better doesnt it?

regards

s

My sentiments as well Soni, and remember that, although you will have the neg feedback on there, the + feedback percentage shown is over a 12 month period, this time next year, barring any other whatknot's, you will be back to 100%.

Most eBay users can see through 1 neg feedback and a lot of people don't even bother to check. Have you left a reply comment to the whatknot's feedback?

Maybe worth opening another separate account for buying only?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi mary....i was going to write to them.....but i have absolutely zero belief that it will achieve anything. none whatsoever. and for me to spend a significant amount of time writing it all out properly telling them yet again what they already know, to get nowhere.....nah, not going to do it. if thats how they are then i wash my hands of them in any civil way.

i've seen them screw over so many people whilst lining their pockets and abiding by the slightest degree to laws only because they have to....i have no reason to see any good in ebay. in contrast paypal (since separating from ebay) have become an absolute delight to deal with when needed, in every way, and my personal experience with them shows attentive, caring and immediate support.

regards

s

I'm sorry you've had excrement like this to deal with, but glad you've reached the calm stage now.

Lot of fair comments on the thread too. I know I look at the feedback, especially if it's one or two agin thousands of good ones…..and I do look at the comments, and make a judgement call. Everyone does one way or t'other.
One -ve against an utterly glowing list of +'s…..and you are allowed a response to a negative. Find something clear, unrefutable, and leave that as a counterpoint. That's what anybody who looks at the -egative will see. Your response to someone who stands out as a lone voice of dissent.

I like ebay, over the years we have bought thousands of things, 100% positive feedback….. and I've never sold a thing……I think in all the years I have left at most three negatives and have had to have paypal refund my payments half a dozen times. Only one really bad deal, and ebay/paypal sorted that out pdq for me.
The bad one was a 'New', boxed, with guarantee intact, not 'as new' let alone used and filthy, electric razor. The seller was downright unpleasantly rude and nasty about it too. I contacted ebay, and I had a refund within a few hours. I still have the blasted razor though 'cos the seller refuses to pay any return postage and having been fooled once by them I'm not for having it done again. It's been nearly three months since that, and I haven't a clue what to do with the damned thing apart from putting it into the bin.

As I said, I like ebay, but they don't tie up the ends tidily for everyone. I'm pretty sure they're busy, and that the folks who work the dispute centre stuff are jumping trying to keep up with folks asking for help, but with fees as high as they are for sellers, and more for those who accept paypal, surely they can afford a few more to help the Seller as well as the Buyer ? Especially good sellers with amazingly good feedback.

They do have a dispute resolution service. When you have things all clear in your mind, write it out and send that to them. They will remove an unfair negative if the balance is in your favour.

Best of luck with it; don't let one bad one wreck an otherwise exceptionally good trader :)

atb,
M

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I had my selling account suspended as I apparently breached the bad feedback percentage, with a negative feedback for charging £1 p&p. The item cost me £1.90 to post. eBay weren't interested to negate the rule I needed to sell a load more items, but as someone who only sold occasionally I couldn't do it.
When the stopped the selling part of my account, I had a major rant about the only way to get my selling reactivated was to improve my seller feedback, by selling more items!
If you think the p&p is too high, then why would you buy from that seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hey hib.....if i was a rounded individual, cool calm collected professional and mature and in a happy place with existence then it would be very simple, like youve said.

but i'm not...this sort of thing is much more than simple to me....its unjust and fixates me. and one of the main reasons that this kind of thing continues is that too many people do brush it under the carpet and go along with it. i find that very difficult to do.

regards

s

It sucks, but I wouldn't worry. I think most ebayers know these types and ignore their negative comments. It will be plain to see that there is one negative out of so many positives. No matter how good you are someone will always try to bring you down.

Leave a return comment stating you've made the refund etc. despite the patch being as advertised.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ta for your input duggie.....seems ebay make friends everywhere they go.

s

I had my selling account suspended as I apparently breached the bad feedback percentage, with a negative feedback for charging £1 p&p. The item cost me £1.90 to post. eBay weren't interested to negate the rule I needed to sell a load more items, but as someone who only sold occasionally I couldn't do it.
When the stopped the selling part of my account, I had a major rant about the only way to get my selling reactivated was to improve my seller feedback, by selling more items!
If you think the p&p is too high, then why would you buy from that seller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Sonni, you're not alone. I had a similar issue with a negative after a couple of thousand positives (multiple breaches of ebay policies in giving it and still they refused to help). It wasn't the final straw but it definitely added to the already quite a sour taste in my ebay mouth :( . In the end I got so sick of the hoops I shut my ebay shop and stopped selling on there.

(And don't get me started on the lack of 'fairness' involving DSR's ... :theyareon:rant::soapbox::cussing::tapedshut :banghead: )

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
a slovenian customer of mine, luc, crackin lad really into his bushcraft....just typed this up in skype....:

[19:32:51] Luc Vrhovnik: its about ebay right...yeah I have my moments with ebay...like you can find some really cheap and good stuff on there, but from time to time you get tricked by some fellow that takes your money and doesn't even send the item
[19:34:13] Luc Vrhovnik: and there fees are way to high
[19:34:35] Luc Vrhovnik: but you know what are you supposed to do :/

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
To be honest 10% for a private seller to a worldwide audience is not that bad, try selling through Christies or Sotheby's :yikes:
What really gets me is charging 10% on the postage :cussing:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I like ebay, over the years we have bought thousands of things, 100% positive feedback….. and I've never sold a thing……

It can be a very different experience as a seller ;) . Buyers need looking after but sellers need ebay to look out for them too. Unfortunately there are 'bad' on both sides ~ and if you're highly oriented to customer satisfaction it can feel like ebay views you as scum-sucking pond-life ;) .

Yeah ... nope, even when it's been blatantly obvious that a buyer has erred in feedback comments ebay has failed to help ~ including, on one occasion, a buyer complaint (attached to positive feedback) about how long delivery had taken ...Order came in on the Friday, was processed and dispatched on the Friday, feedback comment was left on the Monday ... the Monday in question was Christmas Eve

(And lots of buyers don't quite get that 'quick despatch' and 'quick delivery' are not related ~ or that sellers, generally, have absolutely no input or effect on how quick the order travels or gets there :/ )

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
thankyou decorum for your input and time.....opinion seems to be across the board for ebay....

there has been a development.....i've just got off the phone to ebay again.....will post up info shortly....i'm really crossing my fingers here.....the cowboys have messed up it seems....

s

It can be a very different experience as a seller ;) . Buyers need looking after but sellers need ebay to look out for them too. Unfortunately there are 'bad' on both sides ~ and if you're highly oriented to customer satisfaction it can feel like ebay views you as scum-sucking pond-life ;) .

Yeah ... nope, even when it's been blatantly obvious that a buyer has erred in feedback comments ebay has failed to help ~ including, on one occasion, a buyer complaint (attached to positive feedback) about how long delivery had taken ...Order came in on the Friday, was processed and dispatched on the Friday, feedback comment was left on the Monday ... the Monday in question was Christmas Eve

(And lots of buyers don't quite get that 'quick despatch' and 'quick delivery' are not related ~ or that sellers, generally, have absolutely no input or effect on how quick the order travels or gets there :/ )

Last edited:

Pitkin

Life Member
Jul 26, 2007
Buckinghamshire
What a dirty rotten trick to pull, so sorry to read about your plight,,

I find in these blood boiling situations it's good to sit back for three days, by then you will still feel strongly about the situation but you will be in a calmer place, people's comments will become clearer, and you will be able make wiser decisions on your next move,,

sending you our full support for the future,
best regards
P.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
big hug for you pit, appreciated.

s

What a dirty rotten trick to pull, so sorry to read about your plight,,

I find in these blood boiling situations it's good to sit back for three days, by then you will still feel strongly about the situation but you will be in a calmer place, people's comments will become clearer, and you will be able make wiser decisions on your next move,,

sending you our full support for the future,
best regards
P.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm sorry that's been your experience Decorum :sigh:
I do read any negatives on people I am considering purchasing from, and I do see comments that are "Removed by ebay", amongst them. Not often but they are there. I know that my problems have been tidily solved just by writing clearly and giving as much simple detail as I could, including photos.
I suspect that the experience as a Seller might well be a different matter though.

Hope things are sorted out Angst :)

atb,
M

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ok here it is....

earlier on after i got off the phone to ebay i sent ''the customer'' this message....not proud of it, but if i dont say something i'll explode....so:

''arent you and zemagic clever boys. hopefully we will bump into each other one day for a nice cup of tea and an amicable discussion about all this.''

got the desired effect....at 20:26 i received my first ever reply from him through ebay messaging saying this:

''Yes dear - we can chat about not existent chips on records as well''

which pretty much admits everything i've said. and seriously....if i bought the record because i wanted it and it didnt have a chip in it then why on earth would i return it....i mean these two are a pair of the most gormless people i've ever come across.

so i just phoned ebay and spoke to a very solid guy called david. he hung up for ten minutes to speak to his man and just now called me back to say that this is now being escalated and will be dealt with in the morning when the appropriate staff are back in the office. he has told me he'll phone me up at 1pm.

do you know what.....whatever happens from this point on i at least now feel vindicated and know that i'm not totally insane. hopefully i'll be getting the feedback removed, the two cowboys will be decapitated and i'll get an apology from ronan cunningham. and whatever the outcome it still hasnt changed how i feel about ebay. not one bit. if someone has to go through this every time to get dealt with fairly then why would you feel any other way.

regards and thankyou everyone for your support yet again....

s

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE