Fighting fat

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
I really suffer in hot conditions and work much better in cooler ones. I'd like to put a bit more weight on (blance muscles mostly) I seem to be able to tone but not build much.
FWIW If I loose any weight when I'm ill I'll put it back on very quickly, I just don't get above the minium healthy weight and could do with some more reserves

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
The BMI is biased anyway - I mean it really all depends on whether its muscle tone or fat. Besides its like well old anyway isn't it?

Everyone has different bodies and different metabolism - unfortunatly Im cursed with the name 'pillsbury', as in the dough boy thingy.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
xairbourne said:
I just wonder how it gets 32.44 for me and does not take into account your build, I would love to be weighed in water (seen it on tv) to get my muscle weight. Ok I could loose a couple of pounds to be ideal… but I don’t suffer from the cold like the others when we go out… I think its better to have a few pounds on you anyway.

Every front row forward in international rugby teams has an "overweight" BMI. :rolleyes:

These things are meant for the general population. :)

JoeG

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2006
Nottingham
Hi,
I heard that BMI is ok but it cant be reliable. If people have a quick matabalism rate or alot of mucel then the sugars get burnt by the mucel and the fat is burnt slowly. Or something along those lines. But it all depends, on body, excersice and other stuff. You can have one person thats the same height, and can eat the same as another person but be more over weight. This can be because of excersice and the metabolism rate. Its all confusing, but doctors use it and it isnt the best way to tell if you are over weight.
Isnt a good BMI between 20-30, or 18-30.
I should have been paying attention in that science lesson a tad more. I think we did it a few days ago :eek:
So in all you could have a height BMI but be very healthy. There are alot of things that can complecate BMI. The science teacher told us it wasnt reliable or something along those lines.

I think this is right, if it isnt then i am confused, :eek: test on it soon, oh dear :( .

leon-1

Well I had always fluctuated between 11 and 12 stone untill about a year and a half ago, now I am on a stricter diet as I had gone upto 14.5 stone, I am now down at 13.5 stone and my BMI is 27.16 saying that I am overweight.

This I didn't need the calculator to know. Oh well carry on the good work with the diet and try to motivate myself to exercise again:rolleyes:

JoeG

Tenderfoot
Jul 26, 2006
Nottingham
I am supposedly over weight. I dont think i am though. I'm 5 foot 5 or 6 and i weigh 10 stone. I walk home and i live on a steepish hill and i walk fast and i canoe alot. I think if you wanted to know how much of your body is fat and how much is mucel if you go to your local gym they should be able to tell you. I just say i weigh 10 stone because of all my mucel :lmao:

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I used to be a trim 12 stone when i competed seriously in martial arts and that was a LOT of gym work and strict eating regime ( i won't say diet.. i hate the word). I am now a cuddly 15 1/2 stone and feel a lot better for it in some situations.

I found at my "fighting" weight i had to eat on a regular basis otherwise i felt ill/faint. With a good reserve round me ( i don't say i'm fat.....it's a shock absorber for my six pack :lmao: ) i find it's much less of a problem.

Oh and i'm 6 foot tall. The hospital/doctors consider that borderline obease, but the doctor did conceed that it didn't take into account the weight of muscle on me as i practically lived in a gym for 12 years. I still lift weight on a regular basis, just don't do as much cardio as i used to hence the increase in weight.

It doesn't stop me doing anything (except run marathons) but i never was much of a distance runner, my life consisted of four, three minute rounds :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE