Fenix Get My Vote

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have owned the LD10 for many years now and the quality, value and performance surpass any "under the covers reading" experiences I ever had as a kid in the 70s and 80s.

I've just purchased the TK15 S2 lamping kit and although I haven't used it yet I'm confident it will do the job. I'm no normal gear head: I've had to save for months for this and I'm VERY excited.

I've also bought the new diffuser fittings for camping/hammocking/tent reading so I'm keen to see how my night reading/cider pouring skills are affected.

I'm keen to try out the red filter for owl-watching too. Any thoughts anyone?.........................hc

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm a confirmed Fenix convert - I edc an E15, Use LD25s for round the place at night, and have a TK41 for things that go bump in the night. All are superb

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Fenix make some great lights from tiny to monster. I have several and they have performed flawlessly especially my TK 11 R2 which has been my well used and abused work light for several years.

Strip and clean and lube the threads and O rings every now and then and that will keep your light in tip top condition. I use Nyogel to lube, if it's good enough for Surefire lights it's good enough for me! Expensive but a small tube will last ages.

Steve.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
My LD10 is an EDC and I have several diffusers for it which are useful in camp or in hotel rooms when we need a night light for the girls.

Have a TK45 in the car which is about the coolest light I have owned!

Still wand a zebra light head torch thingy but can't justify it at them mo!

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Until two nights ago I'd have firmly have been in the pro fenix camp. However my fenix torch (not sure of the model as I don't have it any more), Exploded in my hand.

On the plus side the build quality means that it blew out the end and it headed off into the trees. like a mini rocket.

Hope yours serves you well

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Until two nights ago I'd have firmly have been in the pro fenix camp. However my fenix torch (not sure of the model as I don't have it any more), Exploded in my hand.

On the plus side the build quality means that it blew out the end and it headed off into the trees. like a mini rocket.

Hope yours serves you well

Would not this have been a battery issue?

Steve.

Hmmmm.

Think I got a bit excited here. I ordered the TK15 S2 lamping kit with a couple of extra accessories. I also paid for next day special delivery so I had a lamping kit to play with this weekend. A huge purchase for me on Thursday afternoon and here I am on Saturday lunchtime with nowt to show for over £120.00 spent. :censored: sakes!

Still: I'm trying to give the supplier the chance to sort some sort of compensation out before any name & shame nonsense kicks in.

Hugely dissapointed. No lamping for me this weekend. :(...............hc

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
That's not good, usually these items are posted next day special delivery but I wonder, did you buy lithium batteries? I heard that Royal Mail will not ship lithium batteries so perhaps this has been the cause of delay?

Steve.

Yup - Li-ion batteries were part of the package but not part of the breakdown. Pure unadulterated incompetence on Royal Mail's behalf. My order wasn't the only one mucked up.

The supplier "MY FENIX" handled it extremely well and even out of office hours, this weekend I got 2 emails. Rob is a true pro. Thanks Rob if you ever read this. The situation wasn't the supplier's fault but I had constant updates, extremely polite comms and I was even offered some cash towards another Fenix purchase. That won't be difficult.

So in line with a recent "pro-supplier" thread "MY FENIX" and Rob get a massive pat on the back from me. Now I just wish the Sun would hurry up and go down....hc

Golb

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2010
Belgium
www.golb.be
I'm using my Fenix LD20 a lot. Once I thought it was broken.
Luckily it was only the retaining ring that sits inside the tail cap that needed to be tightened.

IMG_1424.jpg

Initial thoughts Red? I think it might be up there in my top 5 purchased "toys".

I'm no engineer, but even a peasant like me can appreciate the work that has gone into this torch. It's really touchy feely and the controls are a doddle. The ergonomics are great and although I'm sure none of us would ever get blisters holding a torch this one is a perfect size and weight. A nice tool to hold. Sometimes you just know quality just by holding it.

At the mo, I've only used it to put the chooks to bed, played with the red filter (probably best for lamping on full blast) and I've used the new AOD-M diffuser in the shed. This new diffuser is so much better than the old phallic ones or the "camping diffuser". So much so I'm getting a little one for my LD10.

Chances are I've got a long friendship ahead of me with this bright. Here's a pretty good test study, but any other obs I have I'll do my best to pass them on. It's dark now. Got to go....hc

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...1-Fenix-TK15-S2-Review-(1x-18650-or-2x-CR123)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Be interested to see how it runs with the pressure switch HC...might be worth popping one on one of my guns....

Be interested to see how it runs with the pressure switch HC...might be worth popping one on one of my guns....

I'll let you know. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I want to know how the "pad" attaches to the stock where my front paw goes. Not sure if I'll prefer thumb or finger activation. So I guess that will impact on which side of the stock it goes. As a kid I Sellotaped my "under the covers reading torch" to the side of my BSA Comet Mk1 to good effect. How times have changed eh?

Just come in from the greenhouse and the diffuser was brilliant. If you do go for the lamping kit Red, get yourself a diffuser. Simple, but utterly brilliant. (My favourite things in life)

You should just see how many invertebrates are out and about. I know it's still chilly but Spring is on it's way.

Here's the supplier's link which had the most suitable package for my purposes: http://www.myfenix.co.uk/tk15-r5-mount-and-gun-light-396

And here's a link to all the lamping kit packages: http://www.myfenix.co.uk/fenix-flashlights/fenix-shooting-kits

Enjoy............hc

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I Have a surefire one now, but its the old incadescent G2 type so an LED is in order. Does the diffuser still five enough throw? I'd be looking for 100m or so?

I Have a surefire one now, but its the old incadescent G2 type so an LED is in order. Does the diffuser still five enough throw? I'd be looking for 100m or so?

When you say diffuser: Do you mean the red filter? Or do you mean the opaque, friction fit diffuser? Let me know which one so I can give you a good resonse. Also let me know what you want the 100m throw for. (signalling/lamping/rimfire etc). I'll go out at the weekend with my 11 year old. She'll love an excuse for a night time bimble.

Cheers.........hc

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was thinking for "lamping" with rifle....100m is probably more than I would ever need. I imagine the diffuser (that you siggested above) would really reduce the throw?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE