Fear of the dark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Won't be doing that anytime soon though. The hair extensions had to be cut out and the prosthetics took a good week to completely come off.

IMG_1939.jpg

Might take the littleun to protect me.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
What prosthetics? ;)

I think I would be more frightened if i came across a little 'un actually.

Seen that film 'The Children'?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Mental, can't believe you've found the crazy dudes dug outs

I can't believe the size of the big one. I wonder if there are any more though and the mud has just been washed over them and hidden them even more. The boards he uses to cover them are bigger than doors. Looks like he puts on a good foot of soil too before letting stuff grow on top. He must really be in to this Tom Brown stuff.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
The chances are that he would use the same hole , save a lot of work starting from new.
Get a waterproof speaker with about 100ft of cable , bury it under his hideout .
go up at night when he is there and plug a radio in and shout that you are coming to get him.

Craig............

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It did occur to me that he might be otter watching too. I''ve since ruled this out as they are not in the area he frequents the most. The good news is though, if he does rebuild this bolt hole, I'll have a reliable source of pistachios for when I get peckish

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
so with the pits you've found, is this someone on their own do we think or in pairs? the big pit seems excessive for one unless he's using it for longer spells like long weekends or something, bringing in supplies? almost sounds like they are monitoring the area and obviously those who go into it. still very worrying, especially the effort thats going into the pit digging and concealment. have you seen 'lovely bones'? the killer digs a pit in the middle of the field and snuffs out the girl down there, lets hope this guy isn't along the same lines, he could have all sorts stashed out there!
scaryyyyy

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
You should leave a note near one of the pits, saying if he needs a hand re-building the dens then he should let you know. Set up a hotmail email account & leave the address & see what happens. I bet this person would be quite "interesting" to get to know :)

Home Guard

Forager
Dec 13, 2010
North Walsham, Nelson's County.
Ever heard of those Japanese elite soldiers still iving in the jungle thinking the war is still on, this guy is probably one of the british Auxiliary units. ;) haha

I so wanna be this dude. He's a wildman, walks barefoot, on all fours, cant see him, cant hear him and he lives underground! :yikes:

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
Hmmm, I'd be put about if someone followed me, it's very shady behavior! Those foxholes are also a bit loopy. Do you have a metal detector?

Oar looks like a fishing pole.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hmmm, I'd be put about if someone followed me, it's very shady behavior! Those foxholes are also a bit loopy.

Yeah, that was weird today. It was a bloke on a mountain bike. Either the slowest bloke on a bike in the World (I was walking, and downhill too) who kept on stopping at the same time as me by coincidence, or he was following me. It really annoyed me as I wanted a pee. Over two miles of walking and he kept the same distance apart from me throughout and he was on a bike. I sat on a wall at a lock at one point so that he could go past me and I could have a pee in peace, and as soon as he saw me, he stopped and got off his bike and stood looking at the water. I think he may have thought I was someone else and didn't want to pass me. It got to the point where I was just fed up and when I reached a bend, I stopped for a minute or two, then turned around and walked back and towards him, he was just coming up to the bend and damned near fell off his bike. He seemed to calm down when he saw my face and I wished him Good Afternoon. He carried on, but alot quicker than he had been, so I put it down to mistaken identity or timidness on his part. I was dressed in a green Craghoppers fleece and light brown cargos, so didn't look dodgy in any way, so I really don't know what was going on. He had one daft red cycling helmet on though, it was huge. He looked like a match. Must be the area for weird people around there.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
He could have been keeping his distance because he thought you were the Tom Brown-alike. Maybe some locals know of him?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
He could have been keeping his distance because he thought you were the Tom Brown-alike. Maybe some locals know of him?

True, but I picked him up away from that area, and was dressed like everyone else about. There were quite a few people behaving oddly today. I saw a really well dressed woman calmly get out of her Beamer and throw up in a bin attached to a lampost. Just plain bizaare.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I remember going on a night hike with some mates in Derbyshire back when I was 15 - we we're spooking each other with stories and shining our torches at just about every shadow that moved. I swung mine into a farmers field where it's beam was met with 4 large glowing pairs of eyes. Two massive farm dogs started kicking up a real racket - barking and growling trying to jump over the hedge. We were scared stiff at first and started to leg it but our bravado grew as we realised there was quite a hefty barbed wire fence under the hedge and the dogs couldn't get to us. So we started barking and howling back at the animals in an effort to bolster our own confidence.

The dogs tracked us all the way along the hedge, down the field. Then we rounded a corner...

There was a gate.

Naturally the gate was open.

The dogs weren't very amused. It was every man for himself. Suffice to say we all survived.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
Just sat and read this thread.

Jonathan, this guy seems a right weird one, personally i dont know if i would want to meet him!!

I just had to go stand out the back door in the peace and dark to reassure myself, i did however let 2 german shepherds (a girl who is black and tan like your boy, and a boy who is white) out first, just to be sure lol

Tom

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
I'm kind of reminded of when we were kids and had a top-notch camp in the woods near our village and there was always rivalry between other kids from other villages and it was a bit of task to find each others camps and destroy them.
We (my brother, my cousin and I) had one that was sort of half underground and half above ground and had bottle-necked any approach to the camp and dug holes lined with bin bags and filled them with paint with mud sprinkled over the top.
Some Dunlop trainers certainly got ruined that weekend.

If you ever read this dad, that's what happened to your paint. Sorry.

Last edited:

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
Brilliant thread. I keep coming back for updates on JD's adventures and he doesn't disappoint. As much as I'd like it to come to a conclusion and finally know who is doing it, the mystery and updates are even more interesting :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE