Favourite Outdoors and Kit shop?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

twr198

Tenderfoot
Jan 20, 2007
England
Whats your favourite outdoors and kit shop? for me it has to be Cotswold. Good staff good gear and good knowledge. Joe Brown's is also good What about you?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Tamarack is an alladins cave to walk into and I always come away a few hundred quid lighter.
Great service, product knowledge and competitively priced too, and Sally makes good coffee :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
my favourite is ronnie sunshines cos i got my favourite piece of kit from them for free because my mum ordered it for my birthday and payed for express dilivery so it would arrive on my bday and only take two days but they rang and said it would take 4 week due to out of stock. so got it for free now thats service

and the piece of kit is my granny burks SFA

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Tamarack is an alladins cave to walk into and I always come away a few hundred quid lighter.
Great service, product knowledge and competitively priced too, and Sally makes good coffee :)

Bloody hell that Tamarack site is like nothing I've seen before. Hands down the best selection of kit I've ever seen in a bushcraft/camping shop.
Needless to say I'v bookmarked it!

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Bloody hell that Tamarack site is like nothing I've seen before. Hands down the best selection of kit I've ever seen in a bushcraft/camping shop.
Needless to say I'v bookmarked it!

If you think th esite is good you will be blown away by the shop

Great bunch of people , great kit, always willing to help and offer advice

You will not be dissapointed

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you think th esite is good you will be blown away by the shop

Great bunch of people , great kit, always willing to help and offer advice

You will not be dissapointed

As soon as you walk in the door you're it's a plethora of ventile, leather, shiney and sharp things. All the mod cons as well as a great range of traditional gear.

Keep an eye out for the reduced rail round the back by the tipis, loads of good bargains to be had.

Roll on payday, I can feel a trip to Garstang coming on :D

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Another vote for Tamarack. Recently popped into Penrith Outdoor and Survival and found it to be really good, too. Much better than the website suggests! Tamarack is ful of those ' if only" and "one day, when I have the money" type stuff. Last time I went, I had NO money and spent £130-00! dangerous.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Another vote for Tamarack. Recently popped into Penrith Outdoor and Survival and found it to be really good, too. Much better than the website suggests! Tamarack is ful of those ' if only" and "one day, when I have the money" type stuff. Last time I went, I had NO money and spent £130-00! dangerous.

I've still not managed to call in at Penrith yet even though I must pass it every month just about. I'm either travelling in the middle of the night on a Friday or returning late on a Sunday afternoon, one day though.

malley

Nov 17, 2008
Northumberland
Rich - definitely worth a look. Friendly and full of different stuff to the norm. From Honey Stoves to Danner boots and great range of clothing. Danner boots are a "one day" purchase for me - would love to see a pair of "Explorer" boots in the flesh.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
lakeland i order from often, good prices and excellent customer service, even when things go wrong with those muppets at the post office GRRRRRR. I wish they would sell more clothing items :)

endicotts are great too, in one way im glad their website is not set up for online ordering as i would be skint now :)

greenman bushcraft is excellent also

tamarack are superb for advice and its nice having a store to visit, i added on 50 miles to my jorney back home to see them, bit difficult to find and that hump back bridge you go over must have seen a few nasty crashes !!!!!

companies to avoid like the plague are "surplus and outdoors" complete and utter muppets and "uk tactical" take forever to deliver, and invoice note will tell you rest of items on back order!!!! no phonecall to tell you but they will take your money.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
Cotswold's HQ is close to me so I go there a lot (and I get a discount, which helps) For more bushy stuff i have to go online as a trip to Garstang - much as I want to go! - isn't really viable. Looks good though.

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
My favourite shop for a good look round has to be http://www.completeoutdoors.co.uk/ great place to browse, and to get advice from a 'human'. ok so it is a bit of a trek to get to from here, but it's not all that far from my parents house, so easy to call in on the way there :)

yeah, they're probably the place where I've spent the most of my walking budget. Pretty good place.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Springfields at Burton on Trent are worth the drive for me. Surplus and new.
Alan

These guys took a whole TWO WEEKS to refund my money after buying their "in stock" british army assault boots. Be a little cautious.
Don't get me started on surplus & outdoors.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE