External Frame Packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
They seem to have all but died out. My first rucksack was my dads bergen, like the one on website. I have also had one of those aluminium army surplus jobs, and I still have a cobmaster pack. I have been toying with the idea of making one in wood.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
you can still pick up the (army surplus) external framed packs- I have one (30ltr) and have used it non stop for the last few years... Leather straps, canvas bag metal frame and the most comfortable bag i've worn...hard to beat I reckon

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
I got rid of my berghaus Vulcan keeping a Brit issue External frame and a US Alice Pack. Just find them comfortable even though some people dont.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi, I love the US Alice pack and frame. I got two! Very comfortable and alot more versitile than the internal frame packs. I also hae a Swedish external pack and an old 70s style! Ive never had any probs with mine for 30 years. You can still find them cheap in surplus stores (eg Endicotts) and charity shops.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I've got three. The usual two that everyone has to buy by law if they are into bushcraft (it is a law isn't it?) ie the Norwegian Telemark bag and the Swedish M39 and a 'Normal' 65L bag whose brand escapes me at present.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
So, whats available in the uk ?, i'm in the market for a larger pack, so would be happy to consider whats available.

Rob

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Militarymart have the LK 70 back in stock, might interest someone, I have the LK 35 and I quite fancy it. At £22.50 seems a steal...

faltutrustning-svensk-ryggsack-lk70-10178-c3.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE