Expeditions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, i want to do a bit a traveling before i go to uni and have been looking at some expeditions.

i dont want to go anywhere too "hardcore" like walking through a jungle or desert but i dont want to be taking it easy on roads and foot paths (dont want it to be longer than 3 weeks).

I have been looking at trecks to Machu Pichu in peru and they look quite fun.

I just wanted to know if anyone can reccomend a good expedition/treck or a company or something that does this sort of thing.

Thanks,
Matt

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I suggest a trek in Nepal. There are tracks but, believe me, they are no easy option. You'll get to meeet some wonderful people along the way and there are some great opportunities to watch some bushcraft. I watched a guy with a kukri making bamboo baskets, kids grinding corn with a quern and dozens of Primus and Optimus stoves making meals in billycans in almost every lodge, and lots of open wood fires:D

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Matt
I would second Fred on Nepal, ive been twice fantastic. Try www.himalayankingdoms.co.uk Other areas I would reccommend are New Zealand and Chile, NZ is very well set-up for travellers and Chile is fastly developing.
Other companies are www.explore.co.uk and www.exodus.co.uk do remmeber though these companies charge a lot for the administration side of things you would be much better off I believe buying the Lonely Planet guidebook and organising it yourself.
Please fire back any questions, hope this helps.
Ta Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE