Every Day Carry

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I will continue to get that one in to, for me its plain stupidity to carry a blade, why carry one, peel your apple :lmao:

If your a tradesman you will keep your tools in a tool kit, no need to have a blade on you. For one thing it gives police something to moan about and while you may be sensible, the people who take the blade off you may not be and I don't care if your a cross between Bruce Lee and the incredible hulk anyone can get decked.

Just my view.

OOOR MISSUS YOUR A QUEER ONE ! lol

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Cash, card, keys, button compass phone, no knives or blades, no need for them for 99.9% of people.

That's because 99.9% of people ask to borrow mine.
swiss_army.gif

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Floppy Disc Drive and ribbon cable...Hard Floppy disc Case with my 2 floppy discs in..."

Floppy discs? Do you just like the 'old school' feel of them or is there a more subtle reason for using floppies, just interested. I came across a pack of them in the back room the other day and was quite entertained by the find. :)

Last edited:

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Just had a thought - any thread on EDCs on our sister site in the US would be full of the relative merits of 357 magnums versus 9 or 10mms:)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Floppy discs? Do you just like the 'old school' feel of them or is there a more subtle reason for using floppies, just interested. I came across a pack of them in the back room the other day and was quite entertained by the find. :)

That's how we have to build the PC's where I work. Most of them don't have CD-ROMs and they don't support boot from USB. We are talking state of the art kit here:eek:

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Magnum eh I had you down as a Jeroboam or Melchizedek man myself...

Your safer with a Magnum John, the bigger bottles can't guarantee the bubbles. We bought two cases of the 'Widow Clicquot ' last year when on special offer (bottles) and very nice it is too :) but for an EDD (Every Day Drink) some of the Cava's are very good and often cost no more than a couple of pints of beer or bottle of mediocre Red.

Don't need a SAK corkscew to open them either;)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
At work I have a Stanley knife in my joiners tool belt/pouch. No way I'm using a decent knife to cut through DPC against concrete and whatever.
I don't really get the "I work as a builder so need a really expensive knife on me at all times" argument cos building sites are very harsh indeed to decent knives, a Stanley is more practical IMO.

I also have a Leatherman Fuse which is dead handy for when I'm looking for van parts in a scrapyard. Of course the full size tools are better but you have to cart them all about as well.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I usually have my Fenix LD 10 in one pocket and a wee karib in the other with tweezers, spyderco bug, whistle and a resuscitation face shield thing Sometimes add a leatherman micra.

In my work bag I have my iPad, leatherman charge and nylon webbing with cam buckle for tying down equipment if out on a patient transfer- sounds daft but the last thing you need in an air ambulance is free-flying monitor!

KP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE