Esbits Solid Fuel Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
So on review we have the Esbit Solid fuel Stove, the system comes with a pot stand fitted pot with lid and mesh carry bag for it all to fit into.
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
Over all for the price a good standard piece of kit, compact and very useful size for day trips or single person camping. the pot holds around 500ml of water and is of a good design, with fold out silicon coated handles, the lid fits relatively well but is not a tight fit, it has a good handle on top that will stay up when you want it to, to lift the lid off. The pot stand is sturdy with 4 small feet to lift it of the ground a little, the fuel tray in the bottom is riveted in though and could be a better system.

When i got this stove it was never going to be used with the solid fuel, but a meths burner as thats what i like to use now. However when i fired it up with a pan full of cold water it was terrible, the burner went for 14 mins and never reached a boil, very, very disappointed with the performance.

The packaging on closer inspection says the cooker is for heating water though, not boiling water or cooking food, the design has a flaw which allows most of the heat to be soaked into the pot stand, with small modifications and wind shield (if used with meths) though this will be a great stove.

Over all disappointed with the performance, but totally love the idea and size though, modifications to be made so its a more user friendly STOVE rather than a small warmer.

To sum up, would i buy it again, yes, the price is very good at £22 and i totally love the size and style, modifications to improve burning ability will take around 20 mins and cost around £1.50 so well worth it....:) look out for the mods in the DIY area...:)

Hope this is of some help to some people.

Regards.

Chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE