Endicotts Bundeswehr German army "para" boot review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've been wearing a pair i got off ebay for £28, for a year now(seem to change my boots in sept/oct), & the heels are almost down to the inner spongy core. I was after getting them heeled, but the local cobblers are'nt interested. It seems a shame to throw them away when thats all thats wrong with them.
Very comfy, if heavy boot, but i like them.

Rob

Hi woof,

I had the same problem on a pair of mine & I built up the heels with shoe goo using a cardboard guide similar to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoU6uy0Wupk&feature=related but it only lasts a month or so before it's worn down again, I did this twice so I decided to try something else.
I cut a couple of slices/Wedges (like an orage segment) from the sole of an old dis-membered pair of boots (you could use any rubber, a tyre or even shop bought heels)...I then placed the cardboard guide(as above) & squeezed a generous dose of shoe goo, then placed the cut wedges on top of the goo, pressed a little so it was flush with the top edge of the cardboard then let it dry.

I've been using them several weeks now & because it's the more resistant rubber that's taking the pounding, they arn't showing any signs of wearing down yet.

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Been using these boots now for just about 1 year, and they still feel look the same now as they did when i bought them (supergrade), there is no sign if wear on the inside (wear two pairs of socks) and very little on the outside, of sole wear there is very little, used in various conditions of woodland, track hogging, limited tarmac use! recommend to anyone.

Glad you like your mk 7's & thanks for letting us know how well they lasted.

Have to ask, ..doesn't your 'ladder' arrangement interfere with the speed lacing system ? :)

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks for the tip, i wear mine daily(for work) on hard surfaces, and a pair of heels/soles last me approx 12 months, and realy need something reliable.

Rob

rjaeger

Nov 6, 2010
northampton
Glad you like your mk 7's & thanks for letting us know how well they lasted.

Have to ask, ..doesn't your 'ladder' arrangement interfere with the speed lacing system ? :)

No such thing as 'speed lacing' with a ladder system!! but i'm not a fireman so no worries there.
Don't know about you but speed lacing system always slips/adjusts to the terrain, even with the locking cleats on the ankle i always find the the shin get tight and the area around the foot gets loose when on difficult terrain, (laces are slipping)!
With a ladder system once they're tied they tied, nothing is moving those, and boots stay comfortable all day.
You need lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng laces or paracord.
244qhqc.jpg

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Don't know about you but speed lacing system always slips/adjusts to the terrain,

No I have no problem with the boots lacing system, I find that once locked into the ankle hooks, every thing below them doesn't budge... although I'm not a fireman either,:) I do like the fact that I can put them on or take them off easily & quickly without spending ages fiddling & threading laces..................that ladder system looks complicated & I can understand your boots are on for the day with it, you wouldn't want to be doing up & undoing those laces every 5 minutes:D........I've not seen it before, is it your own invention ? if not, where did you find it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE