Dutch hooks & Dutch Tarp Flyz for tarp ridge line

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
For those of you who dip into Hammock Forums, you will have heard of a chap called Dutch. For those who haven't, over the years he has invented/created many lightweight titanium gadgets to help us tree dwellers.

Being a sucker for a new gadget i ordered some dutch hooks & flyz from the US - actually cheaper than you might think!

Within just over a week they arrived :)

Dutch Hook (text copied form Dutch's site)
This is Made of titanium. This little mighty hook will hold up to the strongest winds and only weighs 0.4 grams. It ties to the end of your 1.75mm tarp line and you just simply reach around the tree and hook the line. A tarp flyz in the other side completes the ridgeline. You can also put the Dutch hook on prussiks and you have a quick release to detach your tarp from your ridgeline.

IMG_9718.jpg

I cant believe how small this thing is!

IMG_9719.jpg

IMG_9721.jpg

Dutch Tarp Flyz (text from site)
A truly unique device developed to connect your tarp to a tree with thin 1.75mm hollow braid line.

Made from titanium, Dutch Flyz are the smallest, strongest, and fastest way to tie off to a tree without actually tying and untying a knot, even when wearing mittens.

Design for the most weight conscious hiker Dutch Flyz weigh only 2 grams.

They can be moved easily to any part of your ridgeline and quickly locked into position. Their unique design will hold in the windiest condition and never need a backup knot.

IMG_9722.jpg

Hopefully I'll get chance to try these out this weekend & write up a proper review, but for now i just wanted to share the pictures.

Usual disclaimer: No connection to the seller da di dum...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I happened to be signed onto HF when Dutch offered a few free flyz, not had chance to swap them with my existing rig yet but they look the business.

Gailainne

Life Member
I'm just waiting for my Dutch Flyz and hooks to get here from the States, which I'll use on my tarp, I already have both the 2.2 and 1.75 zing it line that Opie kindly added to my order for some dyna glide whoopie slings I use on my DIY bridge hammock. Can't believe how small they are, may have to cover them in dayglo paint to find them :)

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I'm sure a group buy would be popular :)
As for zing it, I prefer the more subtle grey colour of lash it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE