Dutch Bushcraft meeting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I don't think anybody will be driving from over there mate. I hope the do though, because you/they 're most welcome! :)
I think flying is cheaper. you might be able to get a lift from Amsterdam.

cheers!

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
For the people that use Google Earth...

I just made a markerpoint on Google Earth,called : Mol's bushcraft meetingpoint.

open Google Earth,go to the top of holland at the waddensee and you can also get directions from where ever you come from by typing your place and mine in the SEARCH
option in the DIRECTIONS tab.
The place to look for,closeby , is called Oude Bildtzijl,Mol's meetingpoint is on the next street next to the sea,hope its gonna work.

here's a link for people without Google Earth,
(link for internet doesn't work always,i think,google is :tapedshut ,thinks i'm in france)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=52.3059844322,4.75659943427+(%22Amsterdam+schiphol%22)&daddr=53.3142153861,5.71047195118+(%22Mol's+bushcraft+meetingpoint%22)&ie=UTF8&v=2.1&cv=4.0.2722&hl=en&om=1&z=8

i live in leeuwarden,my place is called: house of Mol, you can find it at Google Earth as well.

rommol

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Hmm, I still keep ending up near Wichita, which also sounds like a nice place for a meeting but a bit out of my neighbourhood...

Porcupine, is your fire piston already finished?;)

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
didnt even start on it yet :)

lets see,what bushcrafty things did i do the last few days?

been working a bit on my rope skills (splicing,knots etc)
made a few small charcloth making tools out of a copper tube.
got my pocketcooker delivered and made some fresh coffee on it,nice gadget to have
also i carved a bit on my spoon, it is seasoned walnut wood (started on it when fresh but managed to lop of half a fingernail in a careless moment :eek: )

together with a full time job, a wife and two kids thats about as much as i could squeeze out

ill have a try and copy the correct url below

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...63441,4.881234&sspn=0.012212,0.028839&ie=UTF8

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
Ah that works better, thanks for that.
For a minute I thought you lived at the leidseplein in Amsterdam which would have been convenient to transfer some stuff (like a fire piston) over to you if I can´t make it to the meeting, but Leek is a little bit more out of my area.

Tom.

U

unused[nl]

The topic is kind of silent for a little (on the topic). So I took the liberty to check the poll and it's kind of obvious we decided 17-19 august is the best for us all, 9 voters and 7 persons voted for 17-19 august.

What is the next step?

Geuf

Nomad
May 29, 2006
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I talked to rommol about it. We kind of decided to do it in the weekend of the 18th. And now we want to publish some general information about this weekend on the forum.

Secondly I would like to know if people want to bring their own food, or partially and/or like to have beer/drinks bought for them, don't like that at all or like to bring their own.

I haven't got much time right now, but you'll hear from me this week somewhere. If you have a question you can pm me, email me (spiegelreflex@gmail.com) or call me 0628150631 . And I hope I can answer your question.

CHeers!

Galemys

Settler
Dec 13, 2004
Zaandam, the Netherlands
The weekend of august the 18th collides with the Lowlands festival so I won't be able to make it. If there's anybody near Zaandam (just above Amsterdam) going I wil be happy to lend that person some stuff to take to the meeting. This is what I can think of:

• Book: Food for free (the Dutch translation is also good but has only half the content of this English version)
• Book: Ray Mears' world of survival (if I ever get it back from the person I lent it to)
• Book: How to **** in the woods
• Book: Naked into the wildernis (a book from the Amsterdam library, if you want it I have to get it first)

Some DVD-material for viewing if there's a computer available to show them:

• 26 five-minute episodes of Ray Mears track's
• 2 Mors Kochanski video's
• Survivorman (and some other stuff)
• Wild food/Bear Grylls/2 Ron Hood video's

Miscellaneous stuff:

• some cramp ball fungus
• homemade fire pistons
• and -if I still can find any- thick bamboo for practising the bamboo fire saw

I'll be taking my Perrysport hammock to the Lowlands festival but I got a mosquito net for a hammock as well (white, from Careplus) that I won't need for the festival. So if anyone wants to try it out for a weekend at the meeting be my guest.

If anyone is interested PM me (I won't be posting however so you have to pick stuff up from Zaandam or Amsterdam and deliver it back)

Tom

rommol

Jun 17, 2007
Leeuwarden,Friesland
The new url in my last post has been changed,but its still a matter of good luck whenn it works or not.
The Google program still thinks Friesland is in France and sometimes in America.
You can always get a direct mail with the right direction information from me.
People that are sure they are coming,and what day (friday or saturday),please leave a note in my email(rommol@tiscali.nl),so we know what to expect.
2 people already promissed to come on friday to setup camp,so that's aranged.
If someone needs sleepingplace,just say so.
see you later,

Rob

Hi there,

Yep, I will be there too 17-19th august. Will have to check at what time I could make it on the 17th.

Love to camp out, hammock if possible?

Nice pics btw! As for Food & Beverages... mmm that will be a PM thing imvho... come to think of it, even this post should be ;-)

Anyway, will let you know whether I can make it the 17th or that I will be arriving the 18th.

So I reckon we will do a little bit of a lot like meet, greet, brows, compare stuff, ideas etc.

Grtz Johan

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I can't believe it. Now there's a moot relatively close to where I live, I have to study! :(

I hope I don't have any exams on the date that will be chosen. I'd love a meet.

Michiel

Porcupine

Forager
Aug 24, 2005
Leek,The Netherlands
hehe, truth to tell i had set this in my outlook calendar at work.

i am very organized and meticulous but VERY bad remembering things more then one week ahead :D

besides,theres always a chance some dutchie didnt read it yet ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE