"Duncan Dares" Survival Video..... Enjoy!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I never thought i'd get to see this again!

it's one of the reasons i have had an interest in survival/bushcraft for the last 20 years! a blast from the past,

It's Peter Duncan from Blue Peter with the famous "Lofty" (john)wiseman, "the SAS survival Handbook" !!
Basicly due to Peter Duncans extreme adventures on Blue Peter he had a Spin-off series called "Duncan Dares" where each week he would dare to do something, among others he walked the high-wire in a curcus, was he shot out of a cannon?(can't remember)

Funny thing is i remember Peter Duncan being more manly, see what you think! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately its part two of the program :( , and the visual quality isn't great but still worth a look and it certainly brings back many memouries :D

it's a full programe 25.5 minutes so get a cuppa, sit back and relax back into the eighties! (P.S. turn down the volume it's a bit loud)

just click the link on the next line and the video will start playing!
Duncan dares Video link

Do you remember the hat? i do! :D Enjoy!

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
thats wot set me off!! i was boilin nettles in a coke can the next day i was 10-11 not long after that i got lofty's book my dad got it for me i will aways thank him for that i would'it be on here now i know lofty says ya know to much there was something called survival team not long after that- alot better info if you can get it my tape's had it but your talking 20 years ago god am getting old am only 31 but thinking back it's along time he was ray before ray if ya know what i mean top bloke-ya know!

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
:) cracking stuff!
I must have been 10 or so when this came out remember it well - had annoyed my folks to buy me the handbook for my birthday still one of the few books i really treasure.

what loftie wiseman up to these days?

cheers

Tor helge

Settler
May 23, 2005
Northern Norway
www.torbygjordet.com
Great stuff.
Never seen this before. Loftys book was one of the first survival book I bought.

I wouldn`t eat the mussels if i were in an survival situation though. Filter feeders are poisonous some times in the year (at least in my part of the woods) and one doesen`t know when. Can give you a really bad experience and could even kill you.

Tor

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Wow, old, I wasnt even born then :Wow:. What ever happened to lofty? Im quite fond of the old bloke :notworthy .

bloodline

Settler
Feb 18, 2005
England
Great link, thanks for sharing I still look through Loftys book a few time a week . Can anyone remember the name of any other TV series he did

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
I don't know about full series,

There was the one off he did taking Lenny Henry into the Rainforest.
He was also on one of the episodes of that BBC series where they threw everyone on a Scotish island for a year to form a new community.

He always makes me laugh, on the "island" programme there was a group of "experts" working out what resources the islandrs could use. They were discussing whether or no the water was safeto drink.
Lofty laid flat out on the ground, took a great big slurp and said "yup, it's fine"
:lmao:
What a guy

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
lofty's survival knife has been kicking around for nearly 20 years. i remember seeing it in the old "survival aids" catalogue
did anyone else wince when PD started striking the flint with the cutting edge of the wilkie?

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
ive checked the survival team tape it still plays!! i would be willing to give it up for the good of bushcraft could any one copy it-put on a dvd for us??full 3 hour tape duncan's on the end the one we've watched they get told only work in twos and see someone checking snares on there own and kidknapp him make the rest look for him thinking he's fell off a cliff or something= well funny

seamonkey

Forager
Sep 11, 2004
Scotland - Angus
Brian Blessed sorry Lofties is selling his tools online (or at least using his name)
Link

Never did get that SAS survivial knife in i yeanred for in the survival aids catalogue.

cheers

Graham

kb31

Forager
Jun 24, 2006
by the lakes
Graham_S said:
lofty's survival knife has been kicking around for nearly 20 years. i remember seeing it in the old "survival aids" catalogue
did anyone else wince when PD started striking the flint with the cutting edge of the wilkie?
as far as i know that wilkie was designed with the help of ray but i think he done a foreman they payed him alot to put his name next to it i used to have one trys to be an axe but isn't as good and the saw's useless really it's in his first book- survival handbook by raymord mears hard to get now but it's a good read

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE