Deval Bushcrafter #378 by Stuart Mitchell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks for the pictures, which has given me something to think about over the long weekend. There are lots of styles and I want to get something special to match the knife, preferably one I can wear in a few different positions so I am initially thinking about something woodlore like. Dont know at the moment. I will probably go for a dangler & may get a horizontal carry later on, as I have always liked those.

Getting a knife without a sheath is a good chance to get something good made to order, so I will take my time & do a bit of research. I will have a look at the differnt maker's work & then approach someone to make it for me. Presumably I will have to lend the knife for a while so they can fit it. Lots to think about.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Stuart posted this out to me on Tuesday last week, as we agreed that it would be best done after the Bank Holiday. It did not turn up on wednesday, thrursday or friday and no card has been left. I PM'd Stuart, who gave me the tracking number. I put that in the RM tracking website & it said it was at the local PO. I have had to go see my dad in Bath this weekend & there was no redelivery.

I have tried the tracking number again & it says it has an error. I am off to the PO tommorow morning but I am starting to fear the worst.

They should put a card through my letterbox, which is a flat in a block but I have had no cards. Sometimes the lazy posites will put a card in the wire-box downstairs, that anyone can get to. I am off to the PO to yell at them tommorow, as a small order from Ray Mears site has also gone astray & is missing. I have let StauartM know but I am begining to fear the worst. I will update tommorow.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Hopefully I can get it sorted tommorow morning & pick it up. I have started a new job so can not be around at home to get it redeleverid during the week; I am off to the Sussex BCUK meet on Friday night, so would have to miss a night to get it delevered on the Saturday, IF I can still do that. The tracking number was working on Friday but does not work now, so I am hoping some scrote has not picked it up in the mean time. I will get an answer on the tracking number tommorow & if it has been picked up already then I will get the law involved.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Hope all goes well for you Neumo,

Had this happen to me as well :(

Still waiting for the insurance to pay out....

That's why I prefer face to face deals on large priced knives.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
What a nightmare. Keep me informed. I've had a parcel delivered this week, but to the wrong house and the courier is refusing to do anything about it.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
i ordered a new push chair for my new addition 400 pound, and when i got back the courior had just left it out side the front door, with lovely picture on the side of the box, of what was in side, thank god no one came down my path, i was not happy i can tell you.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
It was sent via Special Delivery on Tuesday. The good news is that RMSD items all require ID that matches the addressee on the parcel as well as the card upon collection from the PO. It will be there waiting for you tomorrow no doubt, so panic not.... yet.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I am hoping I can pick it up tommorow if I turn up with a passport, a few utility bills & the tracking number. If not it will have to be redelivered on Saturday, which will mess me about as I was hoping to do a 2 night meet with the sussex BCUK lot. I have started a new job 2 weeks ago, so cant be taking time off next week to wait for it, tempting as that is. I should be able to get an answer off them about the tracking number, which comes up with an error when I put the number stuart sent me into the RM tracking page. It worked on Friday & I nearly got it redelivered for next Saturday. I am hoping it is just the useless PO having a bad week after the bank holidays. I will post up tommorow what happens when I turn up at the sorting office before work. I have an order for a RM Firesteel & a few bits off woodlore that is also missing, with no card through my letter box or in the 'communal' letterbox by the front door of the flats.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I've just checked on the parcel status and it said that delivery was attempted on 5/5/2011 at 11:44. It doesn't say it was collected, so don't worry about that. They are holding it there at the delivery office.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks for your help with this JD. The problem is I dont have a card, so they may not give it to me. I will try tommorow & update by lunchtime how I get on.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thanks for the reassurance. I keep looking at the pictures & the thought of never getting my hands on it breaks my heart. I am off to bed & will be down at the sorting office at first light to collect my bounty!

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Thanks for the reassurance. I keep looking at the pictures & the thought of never getting my hands on it breaks my heart. I am off to bed & will be down at the sorting office at first light to collect my bounty!

Have no fear, from what I can gather, it is safe and waiting for you to collect it.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Well I went down the PO Sorting office first thing & explained that I was missing some parcels as no cards had been left. They asked for my address & then just handed the 2 packages over... No Id or anything was asked for, which is strange.

I have just had a good look at it this lunchtime and it is very nice. It's quite a bit bigger than I was expecting & very solid but looks very tough. I am very relieved that it has arrived.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Well I went down the PO Sorting office first thing & explained that I was missing some parcels as no cards had been left. They asked for my address & then just handed the 2 packages over... No Id or anything was asked for, which is strange.

Obviously you haven't seen Men In Black II. :)

I have just had a good look at it this lunchtime and it is very nice. It's quite a bit bigger than I was expecting & very solid but looks very tough.

Well look on the bright side, you won't break it in a hurry. And if you decide it's too big and you don't want to keep it, a queue will form just outside your door quite quickly... :)

I am very relieved that it has arrived.

I think we all are. :) Glad it turned out all right in the end.

Have you cut anything with it yet? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE