Deval Bushcrafter #378 by Stuart Mitchell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Up for sale we have a brand new unused Deval Bushcrafter. It came back to him brand new and un-used, as part of a long and ongoing deal as a part ex against a different spec'd Deval. Steel is O1, 4.2mm stock, tapering tang, grind is a deep and hollow 'Scandi' with a polished/honed edge and brushed flats... The timber is a beautiful Birdseye Maple, fully stabilised... Fixings/fittings are nickel silver... Liners are black/red/black.

Stu occasionally offers me these knives as I usually have people asking me if I can get them one, as well as having a weakness for getting more myself, but Emma keeps shouting at me when I buy them. Because of it's circumstances it is on offer for £295, that is sub what a brand new commissioned knife would be and includes RMSD and fees. Sheath is not included, this is for the knife only. A real bargain for anyone who hates the waiting periods.

IMG-20110228-00151.jpg

001.jpg

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

001-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

Sheath not included, just there to show the opposing side of the knife.

003.jpg

Last edited:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
have many of these sold? looks nice but it's very pricey..

That's less than a commissioned one will cost. A lot less. That's what you get with a custom knifemaker at the top of his game. I'm sure he sells lots of knives... that's how he earns a living.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm a fussy bloke and I like nice tools. Stuarts knives are superb - I have only ever seen one professional knife makers work to equal his fit and finish - but Stu makes what the user wants which sets him right at the top for me.

Red

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
one of the nicest examples of the deval bushcrafter that i've seen, truely lovely piece of work, i imagine that someone's going to rip your arm off at that price jonathan. unfortunately that'd be my whole years bushcraft budget gone in one go, so i'll have to pass i'm afraid. whoever ends up buying it please don't let me find out where you live, i'd hate to have to steal from someone that i know!

stuart

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I'm a fussy bloke and I like nice tools. Stuarts knives are superb - I have only ever seen one professional knife makers work to equal his fit and finish - but Stu makes what the user wants which sets him right at the top for me.

Red

I'm a fussy bloke too (I daresay Stu will rub his temples and say 'no s**t' at that statement), and it's a testament to Stu's work and ability to work with his clients so well that he is the only one I will ever get this knife from.

Does nothing for me! If it doesn't sell send it to me to change my mind.

Now, where are those facepalms...

one of the nicest examples of the deval bushcrafter that i've seen, truely lovely piece of work, i imagine that someone's going to rip your arm off at that price jonathan. unfortunately that'd be my whole years bushcraft budget gone in one go, so i'll have to pass i'm afraid. whoever ends up buying it please don't let me find out where you live, i'd hate to have to steal from someone that i know!

stuart

Tis a cracker Stu. That stab wood really makes it stand out.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have been biding my time waiting for a really good knife to come round at this sort of price range & just had to say yes when I saw it, as it looks truely beautiful. I love the design of these devals which is very subtle & clever, plus I like the scales. Cant wait for it to turn up & then have to sort out a sheath to match it's beauty. I have a good feeling about this one.... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
It's has all been paid for & Stuart will be sending it off to me after we get the Bank Holiday out of the way. I can't wait for it to arrive as it keeps looking better every time I see the pictures... I think I am going to be one happy bunney when it turns up. I need to find some bits of matching wood for a firesteel & then will be looking round to get a sheath made that is worty of the knife.

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Yes I will bring it along to the next meet, so you can have a good play with it. I think it is going to be something special.

StuartM put me in touch with PikeHead on here, who has just sold me some of the same wood to make a pair of firesteel ends. That will give me the matching ferro rod & then I have to find someone to make a sheath (or two) for it.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Rapidboy usually makes the sheaths for Stu, he's on here somewhere. His work is outstanding

I can also recommend Richard AKA Blacksheep. He has made some great items for me in the past

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE