Deer crossing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
I'm not sure where this belongs but it's hilarious, you must listen.

[video=youtube;RFCrJleggrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCrJleggrI[/video]

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
OMG! Well, that person just highlights whats wrong with our society. :0 And how dare those deer cross at those signs and cause accidents! Lucky she doesn't live in moose country where I live. She wouldn't have had three collisions, just one would have taught her a big lesson...interesting vid.
Cheers
Alex

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
You know the USA really must get reading and sign-recognition lessons going for the deer! It's terrible that they so neglect an opportunity to educate these animals into safe behaviour. And it's shocking that the govt is so clutzy as to put deer crossings where where they encourage the deer to cross and may cause accidents! You know the deer really do have to learn to read the book !!!

I have this wonderful cartoon in my head now of deer reading the sign ... Can we have a Bushcraft Betty version ???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
OMG! Well, that person just highlights whats wrong with our society. :0 And how dare those deer cross at those signs and cause accidents! Lucky she doesn't live in moose country where I live. She wouldn't have had three collisions, just one would have taught her a big lesson...interesting vid.
Cheers
Alex

So what do you guys do? Just drive at 20mph or keep your fingers crossed?

Jun 27, 2011
Canada
Well, the people who are oblivious get nailed, and many times killed, especially if you are driving a car. The big transport trucks who regularly drive these areas all have moose(bull) bars that take the impact of the moose. I once witnessed a transport truck with these bars on, hit a full grown bull moose on the Trans Canada highway north of Lake Superior in the very early morning mist. That moose flew 30-40 feet in the air and landed on the side of the highway. I was just behind the transport truck and had already noticed the moose on the side of the road, grazing before the truck hit it, so I was able to avoid an accident. The truck driver stopped, checked his rig for damage, and continued on. I pulled over by the now dead and tenderized moose to see close up the damage. Body still warm, blood still coming out of all orifices, all the hide scrubbed off from where the truck hit it. If I hadn't had to be another 500 kms further along the highway by the end of the day, I would have contacted the Ministry of Natural Resources, and claimed the carcass, butcher it there on the spot and thrown it in the back of my pick up truck.
Deer are also very dangerous if hit as they end up flying over you front hood and through the window hitting and likely killing you. Moose completely crumple your car as if you have hit another vehicle. When driving, it's all about situational awareness, not zoning out listening to music and such. That woman in the vid was extremely lucky to survive three accidents with deer.
Just my two cents worth...
Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE