DD camping hammock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
So whoopie slings are for from the gathered ends of the hammock to the drip stop, be it a marlin spike or karabiner?, what goes from that to the tree?

I still don't quite get all this hammock terminology, cheers

Lewis

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
So whoopie slings are for from the gathered ends of the hammock to the drip stop, be it a marlin spike or karabiner?, what goes from that to the tree?

I still don't quite get all this hammock terminology, cheers

Lewis

Not surprised Lewis, gets a bit confusing !

Whoopie sling (fixed loop end) fed through channel in end of hammock and larks foot knot/arrangement to secure there.

Tree strap around tree (simple knotted loop in one end and remaining end of strap fed through to secure).

The free end of the tree strap used to make the marlin spike hitch knot and using a suitable piece of dowel/stick or whatever.

The free end od the whoopie sling, with the adjustable loop, sits over the top of the marlin spike hitch knot.

Job done, couldn't be easier and nothing much to carry or lose :)

Hope that helps.

Cheers, Paul

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
The stuff on my tenth wonder was very stretchy, replaced it with tre straps, whoopies, crabs and climbing tape through the end of the hammock, only short ones as I will never use it as a bivvy, I like the fact that once set thats it, no more faffing once things have stretched.

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Am i the only one that likes the stock suspension webing on the camping hammock? gives the setup some "give". I have two people in mine no probs. Me and Vandeen :) jk

Maybe in your dreams you young whipper snapper, you'll set Nuggets off taking the mick out of you again.

Anyways back to the OP, the original suspension is fine for you as you probably don't weigh enough to stretch it!
you're built like the proverbial racing snake unless the nicotine withdrawal has added a few Kg?

HarrogateTobias

Feb 4, 2011
Heaton, Newcastle
Maybe in your dreams you young whipper snapper, you'll set Nuggets off taking the mick out of you again.

Anyways back to the OP, the original suspension is fine for you as you probably don't weigh enough to stretch it!
you're built like the proverbial racing snake unless the nicotine withdrawal has added a few Kg?

:hammock: HAHA please dont unleash nuggets on me! My faith in humaity went down a few notches that night lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE