Dartmoor October Meet ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
I think I could make this, for a couple of days, if it's not getting over-subscribed. I'd just sit around grunting and stabbing innocent bits of wood, but what the hey.

Cheers,
Leif

Hi Leif, more than welcome mate, nothing wrong with sitting around grunting, stabbing innocent bits of wood, several of our visitors do just that!

And, no worries on the over subscribed thing, as there is plenty of room, and we have the whole site to ourselves.

Ivan...

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Hi Ninj, if i may call you that, i noticed on my last visit, there was a very and i mean very primative shower setup, involving larch lap panels and some shower curtain affair, which i did not study.
I will stick my neck on the line here (as SWMBO is out with the dog) and say if it mean't the difference, between her coming or not, your good lady, could use our shower at home, as it is only a couple of miles away.

We have a good friend, whose wife only comes to local meets,if she can use the shower, oh yeah and my straighteners!

Ivan, you are a true gent, thank you.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
A few more pics of the venue, a little warning for those using sat nav, apparently it sends you down Chapple Road, at the last minute, hence the pic of the drive you need to be taking! The drive is about a mile long and parking is on the right, just before the granite bridge (see pic) also a couple of photos of the shower facility! We should have some fun with that.

Don't worry, there will be more, help and directions, phone numbers etc, closer to the time (mobile reception,on all networks is very good)

Ivan...

002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Counting the days myself. With a new kitchen being fitted and a whole lot of decorating for me, it may be my next trip out and boy will I need a break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Badger90

Forager
Mar 17, 2011
Devon
We're coming, myself, Nikki, Dusty & Fugly ( that's 2 adults & 2 dogs :D ) although dates will have to be confirmed over the coming week as Nikki works weekends atm.

Also would like a tentipi as well, i'll give you a call Ivan as it's well over due!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
We're coming, myself, Nikki, Dusty & Fugly ( that's 2 adults & 2 dogs :D ) although dates will have to be confirmed over the coming week as Nikki works weekends atm.

Also would like a tentipi as well, i'll give you a call Ivan as it's well over due!

Hi Badge, thats great news, long time no see, looking forward to seeing Nikki, again too, wonder if Dusty will remember me?

Anyway, tentipi booked, gunna be just like the old days, shoulders going, tears flowing, etc etc.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
OK! Chaps, one of the bell tents is booked (one remaining) two of the tentipi's booked, (3 remaining)

I am taking the family camping tonight, but with weather forecast for tomorrow, will probably be back early, if they get it wrong may not be back until Sunday, just in case you thought i had gone all moody again!

So will answer all PM's and questions then.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Cheating a bit, this one, as the report and pics will show!

Ivan...

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud

Seeing as badger's coming I'd like to start a petition, the "badger keeps his t-shirt on" petition! Otherwise every single bloke there will feel inadequate. And if he starts swinging an axe we're definitely screwed!

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
would like my name added to the list if possible :)...not sure on the dates will confirm them closer to the event ...cheers guys

Hi Matt, absolutely mate, be good to meet you.

With it being, a longer meet than usual, and people turning up on various days, don't worry too much re confirming, just look for a grey haired bloke flapping around camp, come say hello.

Atb.

Ivan...

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51
Hi Ivan,

I'd be a Newbie but I'm planning on coming down for 5 days, Sunday night to Friday. I will probably be hammocking if that is OK. I already know a good number who are going it seems.

Ta, Phil (Chef)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Phil, great! Don't think you will feel a newbie, from the moment you pull up, come on down as they say.

Loving that word in brackets.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE