Dartmoor October Meet ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Might be fun depending on weather. I could bring the kit along for a rifle range setup if the owners permitted it, happy to let people try out a few gats and give a bit of coaching. Got a clay trap in the shed somewhere as well.

Hi Bear, the site has an air rifle/pistol range, which we can either hire rifles and pistols from them or bring our own, there will be a small fee for the use, i am sure, but any tuition or guidance would be appreciated.

There is the option of clay pigeon shooting at two sites within a 5 mile radius, for those that want.

I also have a couple of permissions, for air rifle shooting within a couple of miles, and am more than happy to take you there for a change of scenery, maybe even a bunny for the pot!

There is also archery, wall climbing, assault course and canoeing available to those that want, but minimum number of 6.

Atb.

Ivan...

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
Cheers, I was thinking more of letting interested people try out some firearms, .17HMR up to deer calibre, if they just stick to air rifles there, then it would not be appropriate. I've got my own range where I can shoot any time so it wasn't for my benefit.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Bear, thats a very kind gesture, and depending on travel time to your range, i am sure that several of our gang would be very interested, i for one would be.

Ivan...

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
I'll be doing a pilot (free of charge, maybe chip in for ammo) in the next two or three months, for my new 'pest control for small landowners' course, which would obviously cover firearms as well. When it's closer I'd be happy to sign up a few people who want to try out a selection of calibres, or indeed who wanted to do the pest control course.

Paul Webster

Jan 29, 2011
Stroud
I'll be doing a pilot (free of charge, maybe chip in for ammo) in the next two or three months, for my new 'pest control for small landowners' course, which would obviously cover firearms as well. When it's closer I'd be happy to sign up a few people who want to try out a selection of calibres, or indeed who wanted to do the pest control course.

That sounds interesting, definitely put me down for that

sent from my smart phone thingy using chubby digits

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
That sounds great, maybe for this meet we will stick to the plan, and when you have firm dates for your, pest control for small land owners course, i will organise a meet for accomodation purposes, and we will sign a few up, who will gladly pay.

Oh goody, another good excuse, sorry reason for a gathering!

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
will there be an itinerary ready at any point? I won't be able to stay over night, but it'd be good to come down for the odd day.

Hi Mike, to be honest, until everyone is on site and all options have been chewed over no! This time however i will try and get firm days and times for any structured activities, seeing as there is a bit of time before the event.

Usually our meets are weekends only, and as peoples time is restricted, we have grandious plans and a lot of them fall by the wayside! Most like to chill out by the fire, cooking,chatting, carving etc, but if there were a particular thing you were interested in, let me know, it might even be the kick up the bum i need!

But if you just want to turn up, have a look around and meet some of our wonderful gang, you would be more than welcome.

Ivan...

I do have walk planned from Haytor Quarry, following the old tramway, that leads nearly to camp,and maybe a look at the medieval village at Houndtor.

Regards.

Ivan...

robdjon

Sep 12, 2013
Plymouth
Sounds really good guys, any objections if I attend a couple of the days (dates to be confirmed), possibly accompanied by my wife if she can get time off work and my dogs (not that have to get time off work) :)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Sounds really good guys, any objections if I attend a couple of the days (dates to be confirmed), possibly accompanied by my wife if she can get time off work and my dogs (not that have to get time off work) :)

Hi Robdjon, of course mate, be good to meet you and yours, new members of our gang are always welcome.

Atb.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Obviously a newbie then Elen There will be vague rumours of a walk a lot of ******** talked I will "go missing" walk over lol

My dear Steve, this retirement thing, does not seem to suit you, as you have become crotchety in your advancing years, i will admit in the past there has been times that an embracing walk has been organised, only to be cancelled at the last minute, but on this occasion, it will take place, and if you are not careful sir, you will have to lead said walk and talk (oh that bits no good)

I will sort it, thankyou for your input, very constructive.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Mouse, sorry pal, forgot to reply, a finest patch of grass will be reserved for you, looking forward to meeting you, have heard lots (all good)

Ivan...

Hagrid

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2013
North Devon
I see Haytor is mentioned, please be aware there are sections of Dartmoor which access is not allowed and neither is camping, a map is available showing which parts are allowed and which aren't, camp in the wrong place and you could be asked to move on.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE