Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I will be bringing my unsponsored underblanket & have started tio get into sewing things on a machine, as I want to have a go at making underblankets, hammocks, etc... We can comp[are notes. I bought some ripstop of the bay but it is so light that I needd to do a load more practice making bags etc.. out of old cotton sheets or any old bits of fabric I can get hold of before I get into the ultralight ripstop/pertex stuff..

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Humm... is this something you are making? I thinking of having a go at an under-blanket or maybe a cocoon. Do you have any plans?

Hey dude, it's a slight mod to a issue jungle bag, I've been putting off doing it as my sewing machine is U.S but will be going for the hand option. just sewing the hood to the front of the bag so it form a kind of closed end that will cover my feet bottom they are the only bit that really feel the cold for me. hope that makes sense.

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
Some good areas to walk round there - have wandered around lost on a number of occasions. Mst get myself booked on a nav course......

I'm sure we can teach how to navigate... it's not hard once you understand it! The only thing that is a bit more difficult is working out timing estimates etc

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
only ever cheating if you get caught! lol

its nice to be able to navigate with map and compass, havent done so for years due to gps, so will poss join you and refresh/test myself! :)

ponders if still has a dartmoor map knocking around.....

edit: thats a nope, have for all the lakes, ben nevis range, exe valley and st johan region of austrian alps.. but not for exmoor or dartmoor despite living close to both these AONB! :/

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2011
none
Hello everybody, Nuisance here , just a thought seeing as april 1st is years away and i am starting to fret, i was just wondering if anybody ,coming to the meet or not, had any free time on their hands , and wanted to come and suss my place out ,help out with one or two woodland chores in exchange for a camp food and watering , for instance i have some chainsawing to do and it would be stupid up there on my own, nothing too energetic, maybe a bit of branch burning ,or toilet sorting etc ,other than 4th 5th March would be brill , and if weaher turns pooey can always rough it in the cabin, woodburner, shower ,comfy beds etc , just a thought . atb Ivan...

Feb 6, 2011
none
Thanks for responses chaps , its probably me fussing like an old woman, just want to make sure everybody is comfortable, and april 1st seems like light years from now ,not trying to get free labour just a bit passionate about the future , dont want anybody to be disappointed,maybe i am a bit sad but after all these years , despite weather find myself wanting to camp up there all the time . i have already torn the march page off the calendar...

PS thanks Oliver no pressure mate ..

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
might be able to do a date, an overnighter perhaps on a sat/sun

will have to speak to the boss and see what she has in store ofr me over the coming weeks

im sure could do a day at least with you, maybe a family affair, just dont give the kids the chainsaw! lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE