Dartmoor Meet 1st to 3rd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
No fear dude! I too am a lone camper, and although I will initially give the impression of being an unsociable git, by making camp away on my own, I will definatly be joining the camp fire chat and evening socializing! Being on the raspberry!

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Thanks Ivan on the tripod, not an issue to bring my own stuff nor hump it up (other than the beast of a tent) i have two pack horses.. sorry i mean kids, that i can load up :p

nice group of people, 18 plus 4 kids plus 2

Jay, i still have some blackberry brandy i made for xmas, and sloe gin and vodka, if anyone fancies a tot, i can decant into sig bottles :p

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
It's nothing that special....
It's a mexican recipe with an English twist!

Basically the mexican way of ding it is chopped tomatoes, peppers, chillis in a pan and cooked. When bubbling you make an indent for the eggs and crack an egg into the indent, the heat coming through the bubbling mix cooks the egg. It's a veggie breakfast with a kick from the chillis... It is nice this way but I too prefer a bit more meat in all my meals.

I basically cook sausages, bacon, black pudding and mushrooms in the pan before adding the tomatoes and chillis (dried birds eye work best) and then the eggs. So it ends up being a very hot english breakfast!

Had it with Mayo the last time we were out in the woods...
I usually take enough food to feed an army so if anyone thinks what i am cooking smells good and wants to give it a try you're more than welcome.

I will say it was very very Good.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I've been playing with kit today, decide to be a swinger for the meet.to have a play with a new tarp just need to sort out my food and sew my under blanket. and I'm done:yikes: so that must that its nearly April. if I'm packed and sorted it must be last minuet:confused:

Feb 6, 2011
none
Hey Southey, i noticed you refer to hound of the baskervilles, if you are bored waiting for april 1st ,sir arthur conan doyle wrote that very book where i live look up hayford hall, spooky eh ?

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
All i can say is WOW! what a beautiful place to be.hound of the Baskervilles is the main reason I love Dartmoor so much, all that tramping about and mystery. brilliant.

Feb 6, 2011
none
In fact, if any of the Dartmoor crew want to google stuff around where they are staying ,some short bimbles and some a bit longer , chalk ford,huntingdon warren, red lake,avon dam,pupers hill,and shipley bridge , nearest villages are scorriton and holne, sorry cant be bothered with capitals and punctuation but you get the gist.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
The walk upto Avon dam is stunning almost like a jungle trail, but with a path, and coaches of old peeps, so not very much like the jungle.but still well worth the jaunt.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE