cordage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Armleywhite

Nomad
Apr 26, 2008
Leeds
www.motforum.com
Well chuffed. I need some twine in the garden yesterday but didn't have any.. :) Being an armchair "Bushcrafter" I cut a few small branches from my weeping willow tree and stripped the bark, stripped the outer bark then twisted it into usable twine. hahahahahah, well chuffed.

Sorry to be so silly, but happy I have learnt new skills from here to be able to use! Don't know how long it will last, but it looked good and had a cracking pull on it.

Reet, now I know that, I'm king of the wilderness. Of to North York moors to live out the rest of my life like a hermit, living off the land!!!! Waheyyyyyyy. :):):)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
It's good stuff is willow bark twine. The oldest piece of rope in Europe is a ball of willow bast string still attached to a sunken log boat lying off the Danish coast. Thousands of years old and it is still unmistakeably willow bast string. :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

just had a thought....how old is treehenge? there was honeysuckle rope under that, wasn't there?

atb,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE