Condor Bushlore

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
Howdy gents. I tried off and on to grab a Condor Bushlore from my preferred vendor for a year or two, when I remembered it once again. I finally got one sent in and I like it, but I have given it next to no use due to life demands. What is your opinion of this cutting tool ?

Ferret75

Life Member
Sep 7, 2014
Derbyshire
Hi there, I've had one to try for well over a year. The sheath has been robust enough so far, but I fitted it with a D-ring and dangler as it rode too high up on my waist without it (my personal preference). I also modified the blade by putting a secondary bevel on it after a few weeks, as it would not keep its sharpness for longer than a days 'normal' camp usage. The cutting edge rolled quite easily, unlike my other 01 steels or stainless Mora doing the same jobs. Now it just takes a bit of stropping to recover the edge most days, but always needs some whetstone maintenance work after any wood carving or light batoning.

There's no doubt that I have much better quality blades as far as aesthetics and edge retention goes, but in most cases they cost much higher prices. But as for 'bang for your buck', as the saying goes, (cost me £36.95), for a thinner profiled blade in a standard 1075 steel and with comfortable solid walnut scales, in my opinion its been a good performer. I bought two more for my brother and his friend who have recently started out in Bushcraft.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I agree with Ferret. The Bushlore is a sound knife that does all that's asked of it at a fairly low price. I've had one for about 3 years (since the mk2 - thinner and more refined - was introduced). I like it a lot and used it to learn how to sharpen and maintain an edge. I now have a better overall quality knife, so the Bushlore is my loaner for Scouts but it still does a good job and I'd buy another if the need arose.

All the best.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE