Coastal survival Bass wrap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
I had the pleasure of spending time last week with coastal survival on there coastal hunter gatherer course and other than the highlight of being able to tap the brain of Fraser and George who are both hugely knowledgable guys the food was top notch
image.jpg after catching a lovely haul of 9 fish using several traditional methods this was one of the methods used to cook one image.jpg we part filleted the bass and stuffed the stomach cavity with dulce and ground ivy then the part fillets were stuffed with mountain red current then the whole fish was covered in Jews ear fungus and burdock leaf image.jpgthe package was slow cooked in the embers of the fire and the leaf and Jews ear not only protected the fish but flavoured and cooked the fish to perfection image.jpg

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
the spoiler for me is jews ear fungus aaah tried em once the big labowski had some i will try anything once but those never again slimy things uugh makes me shiver just thinking about them
regards dave

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
the spoiler for me is jews ear fungus aaah tried em once the big labowski had some i will try anything once but those never again slimy things uugh makes me shiver just thinking about them
regards dave

Dave the Jews ears protected the fish as well as tasted really good that's the problem with eating food prepared by the student and not the master !-) but if he behaves ill give him lessons and show him how it's done and at our next bimble I will treat you to some proper food :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
regards dave

Jelly ears are the crunchy dark brown strips in wonton soap. i think they are pretty awful in most western styles of cooking, but they work well in chinese. They also work well dried and powdered. With quite a few wild foods it can take a lot experiments to work out what the best way of cooking them is.

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Jelly ears are the crunchy dark brown strips in wonton soap. i think they are pretty awful in most western styles of cooking, but they work well in chinese. They also work well dried and powdered. With quite a few wild foods it can take a lot experiments to work out what the best way of cooking them is.

I 100% agree there is so many different wild foods which change from boring to something quite special with the correct application it's just having the patience to find the right method

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE