Chillin' in the graveyard.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
imag0542.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-02-14

cimg0881fg.jpg

imag0545c.jpg

imag0543h.jpg

Since Hamish (dreadhead) can't get out much at the mo and not wanting to waste the lovely weather today, we decided to set up the hammock and enjoy the views from our private graveyard :eek:

What's the story with the graveyard then guys?

Don't really know much about it, except that it's part of the Kinnoull estate, Perth. It forms part of the garden, on the land attached to the house. It's really old though, some of the graves are dated from the 17thC. Tis pretty cool, some of the graves have skull n cross bones on, most have fallen down now, looks pretty gnarly. But because of the views over the rest of the land, makes a great place to chill out :D Would actually like to find more about it, might be a little project for me today ;)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Don't really know much about it, except that it's part of the Kinnoull estate, Perth. It forms part of the garden, on the land attached to the house. It's really old though, some of the graves are dated from the 17thC. Tis pretty cool, some of the graves have skull n cross bones on, most have fallen down now, looks pretty gnarly. But because of the views over the rest of the land, makes a great place to chill out :D Would actually like to find more about it, might be a little project for me today ;)

Thanks for that, I like to mooch about in really old graveyards reading the headstones.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland

I thought I recognised it, I used to spend a lot of time in the woods to the north east of you. I may have a reference for a book which might have more info. for you, I'll look it out. :)

Edited to add:

The fair land of Gowrie.
By Lawrence Melville

Long out of print, but the library will have it or will be able to get it.

Here is a link to a page to give you an idea of what to expect.

:)

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Tis pretty cool, some of the graves have skull n cross bones on,

Templar/masonic graves had the skull and crossbones emblem after the pope and french king had them dealt with in the 13th century. It became their new symbol and the flag under which their fleet sailed. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE