Cheap Maxpedition Fatboy clones £10 !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
No, I didn't, thanks for that. Just bought it.:D
£36 delivered, Postage costs more than the bag! :):lol:

It'll be interesting to compare the construction quality between this one and my Maxpedition Jumbo Fatboy.
I'll write a review when I get it.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Mine arrived today.

9 days delivery which is pretty good really.

Good first impression, although much smaller than they look in the pictures.

The quality is better than expected although the zips are an obvious weak point. Having seen both these and the fatboy close and the difference in price is reflected in the difference in quality, with the fat boy having more of a 'bombproof' feel.

Holds a click stand and crusader mug, brew kit, pocket knife digital camera, mp3 player, and firelightening kit.

I'm pretty impressed all in all, its comfortable. I'll also be using it as a man bag when I go to music festivals and gigs etc.:rolleyes:

I wouldn't hesitiate to place another order and I may well order the larger version. For the price they are a bargain.

7.5/10 :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Import tax is set to kick in at about £18. I ordered one and the 3 day thing in Coyote.

I'll sew up the ends of the zips when I get them to be sure, failing that I'll take them to the seanstress at work. For playing around the woods I thought I'd try them, I want to sort of get used to Molle before I cough up on the Kifaru later this year.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Your going to buy one then? I have to admit I am tempted after seeing the various posts on them over the last few days.

I got stung £30 plus £18 parcel force handling fee on my skookum, not nice.

I've had everyone in the office mocking my new man bag today and calling me Jack Bauer. :rolleyes:

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
the bag I ordered is being split into two packages (pouches, response clone in one, main sack in the other) with any luck I'll not get charged as I should be under the threshhold.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
I got the little side bag today and I'm quite pleased, it could do with being just a little bigger, but my only REAL gripe is that the strap is short. I'm 5'9 and it's quite a way above my belt. If I were over 6ft the bag would clear my belt.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
Thats right lets all go buy the China Junk. And ripoff the patent holders

Tad harsh there.

As mentioned above, I've bought this and oneor two othere things to have a play at what I want to get from Maxped and Kifaru later.

The other contributing factor is that a lot of your American stuff sell here for the same in pounds as it does in dollars to you, so effectively we are paying twice as much as you do.

We pay £1.13 per litre for fuel for our cars(it's too early to exchange that $/gallon here) as well as other silly high prices.

So yes, now and again we do buy cheap knock off from China, it would be great to be in a position where we could afford not to, or the prices weren't so silly for the real thing.

I'm fairly sure that the patents are ever so slightly worked around rather than 'ripped off'.

I think it a bit much to get sanctimonious.

BTW my 3 day bag hasn't arrived after over three weeks. I'll keep you posted.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Tad harsh there.

As mentioned above, I've bought this and oneor two othere things to have a play at what I want to get from Maxped and Kifaru later.

The other contributing factor is that a lot of your American stuff sell here for the same in pounds as it does in dollars to you, so effectively we are paying twice as much as you do.

We pay £1.13 per litre for fuel for our cars(it's too early to exchange that $/gallon here) as well as other silly high prices.

So yes, now and again we do buy cheap knock off from China, it would be great to be in a position where we could afford not to, or the prices weren't so silly for the real thing.

I'm fairly sure that the patents are ever so slightly worked around rather than 'ripped off'.

I think it a bit much to get sanctimonious.

BTW my 3 day bag hasn't arrived after over three weeks. I'll keep you posted.
Maybe but I see this going on over hear as well. At one time they were making a copy
of Colts 1911a1 .45 with out Colts aprovel But they are now bannd from importation
for patent infringment. We take a dim view of this sort of goings on over hear.
Yes some things are more costly over there. Some more so over hear. as for your fuel prices. How far do you drive every day. Gas over hear is now 3.16 and up per gal.
But I have to drive 75 miles round trip to town. So it all works out. By the way how far
do you drive each day.
I do not blame you for wonting a bargin . But rember it is at the cost of the compeney
that developed the product.

tyfy

Forager
Nov 4, 2006
Peebles, Scotland
:offtopic:

Gas over hear is now 3.16 and up per gal.

Just for those interested I did the fuel cost calculations for comparison and here they are

1 Gallons (U.S.) = 3.79 Liters @ £1.13 per liter = £4.28 per Gallon (U.S.) = $8.48 per Gallon (U.S.)

I think it is a cheaper here but I last looked before the budget and it was £1.06 per litre for Petrol

1 Gallons (U.S.) = 3.79 Liters @ £1.06 per liter = £4.01 per Gallon (U.S.) = $7.95 per Gallon (U.S.)

FYI. 1 Gallon U.S. = 0.83 Gallon UK

(according to this 1.00 Gallons (U.S.) = 3.79 liters)
(according to xe.com 1 USD = 0.504285 GBP)
(according to a [URL="http://www.abd.org.uk/fuel_tax_calculator.htm]fuel tax calculator[/URL] about 60% of that is tax)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE